Disaster strikes

Old September 25th 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Disaster strikes

"Pat" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote

| "Pat" wrote

| Last Tuesday I ordered some herbal formulas online - one for Abelard
who
| is
| scratching and pawing at his ears again
|
| Which suggests he has earmites. Whilst herbal formulas can be good for
some
| things, I advise you don't risk another vestibular attack for Abelard by
| taking risks with his ears. Get something from the vet.
| If he has another one, it might well be the end of him. They rarely
survive
| two except to be so disabled they need nursing forever or are so
nauseous
| they cannot eat for weeks and the vet says enough.
| Please take notice.

Abelard does not have ear mites. None of my cats do.

These Chinese patent meds have undergone over 5,000 years of testing and
refinement, and they WORK. I have personally had MY LIFE SAVED using
Chinese
herbs when NOTHING ELSE worked.

Antibiotics had their chance. He took two different drugs for a total of 6
weeks. It was clearly time to try something else.

"Please Take Notice."

Well, he's your cat and you've decided what you want to do. I don't agree
with it.

But anyway I have reached the breaking point financially and can afford
nothing more. Without a heater in the house the cats and I will not
survive
this winter. I can live in the cold, so can they, but the house plumbing
will freeze and I will have worse problems (not to mention no water, which
is an absolute necessity to life).

Stop wasting your money on Chinese medicine then. Use it to to get a heater
for your house.

Tweed

Old September 25th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=[_2_]

"Pat"

gently shredded

But anyway I have reached the breaking point financially and can afford
nothing more. Without a heater in the house the cats and I will not
survive
this winter. I can live in the cold, so can they, but the house plumbing
will freeze and I will have worse problems (not to mention no water, which
is an absolute necessity to life)

You have NO heat of 'any' kind in your house?
Is there some kind of help you can get so your water won't get turned off?
United Way? Salvation Army.? A church?
There ARE agencies and people out there who will help you.
Call around and get some kind of help,
please, for your own sake and the sake of your cats.
Call the water company and tell them what's going on. And if they let you
keep it on, be sure to keep it at a slow 'cold' trickle so the pipes won't
burst, We have to do that here, when it freezes.
Call around and see if someone will donate a heater to you.
There is NO shame in asking for help when you need it.
I wish I could do something to help you, Pat, but advice is all I can
afford.
Purrs and hearty prayers lovingly sent your way.

Kyla
PS. PLEASE take my advice and make some
calls so you and the kitties will be okay.

Old September 26th 08, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote

| Stop wasting your money on Chinese medicine then. Use it to to get a
heater
| for your house.

I already have the heater. I needed a few inexpensive parts today. When I
ordered the meds I didn't know I was going to need these parts.

Old September 26th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Pat" wrote in message
I have an idea for catching the thief that might work. Let me know what you
think of it.

I'll put a small package in the mailbox with a fake return label from some
made-up pharmacy with a fake return address and a fake postage label from
an
old package. I'll put a few old empty pill bottles filled with beans in
there so the pills will make noise when the package is shaken. This
package
will be my "bait".

The pill bottles inside the package will be wrapped in paper and on that
paper will be a note to the thief, to read as follows:

"Hello! Thanks for taking this package! It was left in my mailbox as bait,
and your theft was recorded on closed-circuit, night-vision video camera.

"The package you stole from this mailbox on Monday, September 22,
contained
nothing that could possibly get you 'high', it contained only Chinese
herbal
formulas that were meant to help save a life and provide comfort for
someone
in great pain. We now have hard evidence of your identity.

"If you wish to avoid prosecution, you have 24 hours to return the
contents
of the Sept. 22 package, or an envelope containing $100 in cash, to the
mailbox where you found this note. Otherwise, wrap up your affairs in
preparation for being arrested and charged with mail pilfering under USC
Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 83, Sec. 1708, which is a federal crime and
carries a prison term of FIVE YEARS plus a hefty fine."

Although I do not own a security camera, this could put the fear into the
thief and get me compensation for the theft and the trouble caused.

Personally, I wouldn't take a chance on ingesting anything that a thief
might return. You might find that the product has been adulterated, with
the thief getting still more "jollies" that way.

MaryL

Old September 26th 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"Kyla =^. .^=" wrote

| You have NO heat of 'any' kind in your house?

Not at the moment. But I don't need it just yet. I have a little time to get
the heater re-installed, but I did want to do that before it gets any
colder. I was able to borrow a flaring tool and a cutter, and bought the
additional copper pipe and t-valve and nuts today. Hopefully I will be able
to master the use of the flaring tool before I run out of copper to practice
on!

| Call around and see if someone will donate a heater to you.

I have a heater. It just had to be moved (as I wrote in the 2nd post in this
thread).

| There is NO shame in asking for help when you need it.

Yes, for me there is shame. But not enough to keep me from asking when it's
a life-or-death matter.

Old September 26th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

MaryL -out-the-litter wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't take a chance on ingesting anything that a thief
might return. You might find that the product has been adulterated, with
the thief getting still more "jollies" that way.

Eek, that's a good point!

Still, the ruse might scare the thief from trying to steal from her in
the future.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old September 26th 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote

| Personally, I wouldn't take a chance on ingesting anything that a thief
| might return. You might find that the product has been adulterated, with
| the thief getting still more "jollies" that way.

I wouldn't use anything that didn't have the original seal intact. But
thanks for bringing up that point. I will add it to the note. I thought of a
few more things to include in the note as well. Here is my revised version:

[This part will be in large bold print on the outside of the inner package]

"Hello, and thanks for taking this package! Your act was recorded on
closed-circuit, night-vision video camera on loan from authorities. See
reverse for more info."

[Now the "fine print"]

"The package stolen from this mailbox on Monday, September 22, contained
nothing that could possibly make anyone 'high', it contained only herbal
formulas that were meant to help save a life and provide comfort for someone
in great pain. Now there is hard evidence of your identity.

"If you wish to avoid prosecution, you have 24 hours to return either the
entire contents of the Sept. 22 package **with original seals intact**, or
an envelope containing $100 in cash, to the mailbox where you found this
note. Otherwise, wrap up your affairs in preparation for arrest and
imprisonment for mail pilfering under USC Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 83, Sec.
1708 - a federal crime which carries a prison term of FIVE YEARS plus a
hefty fine.

"If you fail to return the stolen property or its cash value, I will not
hesitate to press charges. You make my life difficult, I'll do the same for
you. The minimum age for criminal responsibility in federal crimes is ten
(10) years. Repent now!"

Old September 26th 08, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Pat" wrote in message

"Kyla =^. .^=" wrote

| You have NO heat of 'any' kind in your house?

Not at the moment. But I don't need it just yet. I have a little
time to get
the heater re-installed, but I did want to do that before it gets
any
colder. I was able to borrow a flaring tool and a cutter, and bought
the
additional copper pipe and t-valve and nuts today. Hopefully I will
be able
to master the use of the flaring tool before I run out of copper to
practice
on!

| Call around and see if someone will donate a heater to you.

I have a heater. It just had to be moved (as I wrote in the 2nd post
in this
thread).

| There is NO shame in asking for help when you need it.

Yes, for me there is shame. But not enough to keep me from asking
when it's
a life-or-death matter.

I suspect I'm preaching to the choir here, but don't forget any left
over copper, or any copper you take out when fixing stuff is worth a
fortune now days when you recycle.

Or at least enough to be worth the trip if you are going to be close
to a recycle place anyway.

Jo

Old September 26th 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"Jofirey" wrote

| I suspect I'm preaching to the choir here, but don't forget any left
| over copper, or any copper you take out when fixing stuff is worth a
| fortune now days when you recycle.
|
| Or at least enough to be worth the trip if you are going to be close
| to a recycle place anyway.

Yes, I am aware of that and have quite a little collection of copper scraps
here, waiting for the day (if it ever comes) when I can get to a recycle
center that pays for it. Closest one I know of is about 40 miles, near the
vet's office in Mtn. Grove.

Old September 26th 08, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I wouldn't try anything like that around here. With the drug problem in our
area, I would be afraid someone would take it seriously and, if I couldn't
back up what I said, might do bodily harm to try and keep the matter from
coming to the authorities attention.
. ..

"Pat" wrote in message
[...]

3 am disaster kittyscastle Cat anecdotes 2 August 7th 07 06:56 PM
Disaster! ken Cat health & behaviour 5 August 18th 05 05:46 AM
Sub-q Disaster Cheryl Cat health & behaviour 2 February 8th 05 01:09 AM
Fur Disaster (BW?) dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 20 January 30th 04 12:46 AM