Getting ready for a new aby kitten in Chicago-advice on vetsan...

Old July 23rd 03, 02:16 AM

Default Getting ready for a new aby kitten in Chicago-advice on vetsan...

Kate wrote:
Any advice would great!

Ok, here it is. Retrieve your deposit from the breeder and use it to pay
the adoption fee for two kittens from your local animal control (they
can keep each other company while you are at work and will be a lot less
destructive while in their "toddler" phase). Shelters are overflowing
with cats and kittens and record numbers are being killed due to a warm
winter induced population explosion and lack of homes for these kitties
that are victims of human ignorance. Please don't contribute to the
deaths of innocent cats by purchasing from a breeder who is
unnecessarily adding to an already overpopulated world. Where I live
right now all the rescues are full and can't take any more animals out
of animal control, and still, every day animal control is flooded with
more pregnant cats and kittens, which are KILLED because there is
NOWHERE for them to go and NOBODY to save them.
http://community.webtv.net/zuzu22/overpopulation
Please...do the right and good thing and save some lives. You won't
regret it.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old July 25th 03, 07:08 AM

Alice wrote:

I'm sorry, but I think you are going way
overboard to accuse some one of getting
a purebred cat of killing millions.

And I'm sorry you seem to have so much trouble comprehending the written
word. NOWHERE did I say getting a purebred will kill millions. Getting a
purebred *will* result in the death of a homeless cat. It's all
relative. Apparently you can't comprehend that either.

So, am I killing millions if I only adopt
one cat? What if I adopt from a no kill
shelter? After all I could have adopted a
cat that came from a kill shelter, I didn't
really save a life by adopting from a
no-kill.

Where exactly do you think no-kill shelters get their cats? Most of the
ones I know of get a lot, or the vast majority of them from kill
shelters. If you adopt from a no-kill shelter, that frees up a space and
they in turn can save another cat. Regardless, they are in the business
of finding cats that are in need homes, not increasing the cat
population.