HELP .......... This is an URGENT SOS

Old February 13th 07, 01:10 AM
Nevah Nevah is offline
Junior Member

Default HELP .......... This is an URGENT SOS

Dear Friends,

Please take a moment to read about this important issue, and join me in signing the petition and send this protest letter. It takes just 1 minute to READ this message and to FORWARD to your friends, but can truly save more than 500 cats in Barcelona (Spain). If you have time, you can also TRANSLATE to other languages and FORWARD to your friends. Thank you in advance.

In Barcelon more than 500 cats live in the area where construction of the high speed train route between Barcelona and Madrid will soon begin. They live there because it is where people abandom them and where they suffer from cold, hunger and mistreatment. The city council of Barcelona has done nothing to resolve this problem. Public work projects have been the cause of killing many abandoned cats in the past and we want to avoid another massacre. The city council of Barcelona has ignored our petition to do something to save the cats and the local media sarcastically claim that the cats live happily along this route and that are other, more important things for the local council to discuss.

This is an URGENT SOS, because the construction works of the Sagrera station and the high speed train routes will begin before May 2007 and many people prefer the city council of Barcelona not to spend money on cats under the influence of local journalists, who deride our attempts as trivial. If we can't get concrete promise to create controlled cat colonies and to do TN"R" (trap-neuter-"return to safe places") soon, most of the cats will be killed by the construction works or by the insensible people who poison these poor animals.

PLEASE HELP and send this protest letter along with our petition to the following address and tell the city council of Barcelona that, " Many homeless and abandoned cats have been killed because of the public works in Barcelona and we would like to prevent this from happening again. My family, myself and my friends will not visit Barcelona if the City Council does not save the cats living along the route where construction of the high speed train between Barcelona and Madrid is to begin. "

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...ona-spain.html

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/713227854

Contact Barcelona Mayor

http://www.bcn.es/alcalde/ca/escriviu.htm

Contact Catalunya president

http://www10.gencat.net/president/Ap...s/contacte.jsp

Emails to: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Best Regards from Barcelona / Spain
http://geocities.com/sos_gatos
Old February 13th 07, 07:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Dear Nevah,

I will be pleased to help in this effort. I am wondering though if a Spanish
version of the letter might be more effective since it will be going to
people whose main language is Spanish. If so, would you please provide a
text in Spanish?

Thank you.