Ping: Gandalf!

Old November 6th 10, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

Default Ping: Gandalf!

Gandalf, sir, how I thought about you today. I went to an indoor farmer's
market. There was a gal in there w/three kittens "free to good homes". She
was holding one. Pitch black little girl w/medium length hair. OMG!! I
held her and just did NOT want to let go. The gal told me to be careful b/c
she was scared. Well, I had her purring in about 15 minutes. The other two
was one other black one, and a tiger striped one. I simply *cannot* have
another 'kitteh' here (I have 3 w/one of them being almost 17), and of
course, after losing my dog this past Monday, it would just be too much.
What made me think about you is the gal asked me "do you know ANYONE who
would want one". I really don't, but (I thought to myself) "this guy named
Gandalf lost his Kenzie last week". So, there you have it. 'Sure wish I
could've brought one (or two) home to you!! Good thing there wasn't Basset
Hound puppies there!! Altho', I couldn't get another Basset. There will
never be another Basset in my life. Happy was just too 'one of a kind'.
:'o/

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Old November 7th 10, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 15:26:33 -0400, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~"
wrote:

[...]

Thank you for thinking of me

As much as I love kittens (who can resist them...?) I plan to adopt a
adult cat.

There are several cats at local no-kill shelters I am interested in.

I would really like to adopt a cat that is being fostered, though, so I
can get a better feel for the cat's personality...so far, I haven't
found one in foster care, yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

"Life without cats IS only marginally worth living."
-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein

Old November 7th 10, 06:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

Default Gandalf!

happy will send you a new friend when the time is right, it may be a dog,
cat or even something else, i am glad you can start to remember the good
times with happy, Lee

Old November 7th 10, 06:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

same as response to the first post thread... when the time is right kinsie
will send you the right new friend...

Old November 7th 10, 01:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

"Storrmmee" wrote in message ...

happy will send you a new friend when the time is right, it may be a dog,
cat or even something else, i am glad you can start to remember the good
times with happy, Lee

______

Thanks so much, Lee. I do know it won't be another dog b/c I still have
two. (A five y.o. long haired Chihuahua and a 2 y.o. Dachshund). Since
I've been single now for almost four years, maybe my Happy dog will send me
a man!! ) And, it just so happens that I have a blind lunch date today!!
nervous

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

Old November 7th 10, 02:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

"Granby" wrote in message ...

I know that nervous feeling. Starting to date again is really no fun at the
beginning.
_______

Well, he called last evening and we talked for THREE hours!! So as far as
"meeting him", I feel like I already have. We have sooo much in common
(altho' he doesn't have any animals). Gosh, we talked so much that I hope
we have some things to talk about today!! He did have a German Shepherd six
years ago. He hurt so much when he had to put him down that he STILL cannot
get another dog. And, of course, he was SO kind when I told him about
Happy. And he understood when I'd go quiet for a sec b/c of Happy. still
nervous!! ...and still grieving. I put a brass hook up yesterday
morning in my bedroom and hung up Hap's lead and harness.

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

Old November 7th 10, 03:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Good luck and it will be ok. If you can talk for three hours you will still
have something to say when you meet him. Just keep your guard up.

Old November 7th 10, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

well there you go then, my sister has four mini hot dogs, she really likes
them, a bit too vocal for me... lol, Lee

Old November 7th 10, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

but you do have the makings for a killer funny book, yesterday's episode is
one of the best imho, Lee