Cutting nails

Old July 29th 09, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
kraut3852

Default Cutting nails = ATT: [email protected]

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:20:31 -0400, "cybercat"
wrote:

She is about 19 years old now and a strictly an indoor cat. Back when
we would let her out if wanted but she would always come right back
in. Now she does not ever try to go out or even go to the door.

From your description of her reaction to having her claws trimmed, I
suspected she was semi-wild. Bless you for taking her as your own.

She was my first baby and we have a special connection.

Back then we had another 17 year old cat that just wanted to be left
alone but then Kitty was young and always wanted to play. Well the 17
years old Moses got sick and the wife always blamed Kitty because
Kitty was always after Moses. Come to find out Moses had medical
problem and we ended up having to be put down.

I guess Kitty picked up on how the wife felt and would not go near her
but would always come when she seen me or heard my voice. She was my
baby.

Well when me and the wife split and I moved out I went there one day
when she was gone and put her in a carrier and took her. I have had
her ever since. The ex never tryed to get her back or complained
about me taking Kitty so I guess that shows how much she cared about
her. I do not know what I will do when her time to go to the bridge
comes. Being about 19 I dread even thinking about it.

Old July 30th 09, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Granby

My friend, you will do as we all do, what is right for the kitty then, mourn
your loss. I have missed animals before but I mourn for Sadie dog because
her being put down was because of human cruelty. After she relaxed in
sleep, the vet determined that every bone in her body had been broken at
least once, No wonder she hated most people.
wrote:

She is about 19 years old now and a strictly an indoor cat. Back when
we would let her out if wanted but she would always come right back
in. Now she does not ever try to go out or even go to the door.

From your description of her reaction to having her claws trimmed, I

Old July 31st 09, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default Cutting nails

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:06:54 -0400, "desgnr"
wrote:

My CC won't let me cut her nails,she hisses & tries to bite me.

Any sugestions how to get the job done ?

I rarely cut my cats claws. Sometimes, if the Significant Other
insists, but usually not. They have quite a few scratching posts and
various other scratching items. They love carving their initials into
the legs of the redwood table in my (fenced in) backyard. The legs
were once squareish but have now acquired a distinctive gentle curve.
Most people need to pay extra for something like that but it's just
one of the many benefits of having cats.

When I do get orders from the SO, I generally pet them when they're
sleeping so they start to wake up, and get a few done before they
become fully conscious. Less bloodshed (mine) that way.
Old July 31st 09, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote:

My CC won't let me cut her nails,she hisses & tries to bite me.

Any sugestions how to get the job done ?

I rarely cut my cats claws. Sometimes, if the Significant Other
insists, but usually not. They have quite a few scratching posts and
various other scratching items. They love carving their initials into
the legs of the redwood table in my (fenced in) backyard.

Gracie needs hers cut, though she has lots of good scratchers and uses them.
The reason is, when they are long they get caught in things, like when she
is making biscuits on her faux lambswool window shelf or playing kitty
caterpillar on the rug, you know, stretching out on her side and pulling
herself along.

Old August 12th 09, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatEyes

"desgnr" wrote in message
My CC won't let me cut her nails,she hisses & tries to bite me.

Any sugestions how to get the job done ?

My Sammy used to be the WORST when it came to mani-pedis. I never finished
with less than 4 or 5 slashes and a couple of bites - most of the time
requiring antibiotics. Trying to tackle the Samazon was like messing with a
lion - that girl is BIG
(http://www.possibleplaces.com/catnip...7/100_0087.jpg - that's her
on the right and my "normal-sized" Jessie on the left).

Then I just stopped fighting her. I'd sit her in my lap and cuddle her and
praise her and say the word "treats" a lot. Crooning, "Sammy's mommy's GOOD
girlie and she's going to get some TREATS!" - while clipping just ONE nail.
After that she got lots of treats and praises. Kept that up for about a
month and slowly went to two nails clipped. Lather, rinse, repeat. Half a
year later and as soon as she hears the words treats she comes running into
the room to get her mani-pedi.

Take you time and have a lot of patience and she'll come around eventually.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 13th 09, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"CatEyes" wrote in message
"desgnr" wrote in message
My CC won't let me cut her nails,she hisses & tries to bite me.

Any sugestions how to get the job done ?

My Sammy used to be the WORST when it came to mani-pedis.

Okay, this is hilarious, and the first time I've heard anyone use this term
for a cat.

Old August 20th 09, 07:12 PM
s52908157881 s52908157881 is offline
Banned