Rant: People Who Dump Cats

Old July 6th 04, 04:48 PM
Sherry

Sherry wrote in message ...
Rant On.
We found two baby kittens in the flowerbed this morning. .

They're so beautiful! Where are you?

South of Oklahoma City. You can't miss us. It's the house with a cat in every
window.

Sherry
Old July 6th 04, 05:21 PM
Mary

Sherry wrote :

South of Oklahoma City.

Don't know how I missed that.

You can't miss us. It's the house with a cat in everywindow.

Ahh, the most elegant "ornamentation!"

I know your shelters are overcrowded, but my god these
are lovely kittens. Someone would adopt them if their
photos were posted. But the dilemma is that they would
then displace two other kittens that might be adopted.
*Sigh* It never ends. Last night while we snuggled with
Cheeky and played with her, I rhapsodized on about
how unthinkable it is that there are hundreds of millions
of gray mackeral tabbies that look just like her, and
are in most ways just as entertaining and funny and
lovely. My husband said, "It is, and even worse, the
thousands who are euthanized every day just in NC."

Wish I could help. I have to say that I am glad the
f*ckheads who dropped them dropped them on you.

Old July 6th 04, 05:21 PM
Mary

Sherry wrote :

South of Oklahoma City.

Don't know how I missed that.

Old July 6th 04, 05:29 PM
Goat Roper

My family and I used to own a small farm near Kansas City, MO. One day I
was climbing up the ladder into the barn loft when I heard the sound of
something "hissing" behind me. I turned VERY slowly to not startle whatever
it was, and I found a mother cat and six kittens. The kittens were no more
than a week or so old, and the mother had probably not eaten since the
kittens were born. She was probably dumped by some useless jerk because she
was pregnant.

I went to get her some cat food and some water. It was sad in one way to
watch her "inhale" the food, but I was gratified to find that she would
immediatly let me, my wife, and my children pet her and even do a one finger
per on her babies. We kept feeding her, and one day she took the
opportunity to move the kittens into our basement while I had the garage
doors open. It was then official, we had been adopted! When the time was
right, we didn't have any trouble finding good homes for the kittens.

We named her Tammi, had her fixed and she was quickly accepted by our two
other cats, and especially our golden retreiver dog.

She was a real blessing for the 15 or so years she lived with us!

Allen

Old July 6th 04, 06:12 PM
PawsForThought

From: itty (Sherry )

http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/graykittens2.jpg
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/graykitten1.jpg

OMG, they are absolutely adorable, Sherry!!! I don't understand how anyone
could dump these precious babies

Lauren
________
Old July 6th 04, 06:12 PM