Rant: People Who Dump Cats

Old July 6th 04, 10:28 PM
Sherry

They are two beautiful little balls of fluff with innocence and trust
in their eyes. May whoever dumped them suffer for the action. MLB

You're so nice, ML. I was going to say something more like "May they rot in
hell."

Sherry
Old July 6th 04, 10:38 PM
Sherry

They're gorgeous. In fact, they look exotic enough that, with
them being so well socialized already, I suspect they're from a
breeder, perhaps even one with ambitions of respectability.

Just in case, maybe you should

Do you think, Arjun? I know it's hard to tell from a one-dimensional photo, but
they look more just like longhaired moggies to me. But then I don't know much
about breeds.
It's certainly no problem to check with police. I'd probably have heard about
stolen/missing kittens via the shelter, though. But I don't mind checking.
The thing is, somebody brought them up to the house. They had to. Our house is
1/4 mile off the road with a private drive entrance. I just don't think they
would have ended up here otherwise. Our closest neighbor is 1/2 mile; any
others are nearly 2 miles. OTOH, they were covered in stickers, which would
indicate they either traveled or somebody had them that just didn't take care
of them. They had fleas so bad the water was red when I bathed them from the
flea dirt. But they're fairly fat. It's a mystery.
I'm just guessing somebody knows me and figured it was a good way to get rid of
them.

Sherry

Old July 7th 04, 02:03 AM
Arjun Ray

In ,
itty (Sherry ) wrote:

| They're gorgeous. In fact, they look exotic enough that, with
| them being so well socialized already, I suspect they're from a
| breeder, perhaps even one with ambitions of respectability.

| Do you think, Arjun? I know it's hard to tell from a one-dimensional
| photo, but they look more just like longhaired moggies to me.

Granted. I'm just guessing. Longhairedness is a recessive gene,
so you don't find that many longhairs of random parentage. Two
from the same litter, with the same coloring, though? Short tail,
solid stubby legs, slight Persian cast to the face, exotic "blue"
coloring -- they really look like a breeder's effort, maybe at a
cross of some kind. Now I'm beginning to think that these two may
have been "failures", so to speak. (Maybe not Persian enough?)

| But then I don't know much about breeds.

Neither do I, but I've seen plenty of moggies, and these two are
quite unusual. Or at least, they look it in the photos. But
again, I'm just guessing.

| The thing is, somebody brought them up to the house.

That really sucks. Someone is taking advantage of you.

| they were covered in stickers, which would indicate they either
| traveled or somebody had them that just didn't take care of them.
| They had fleas so bad the water was red when I bathed them from
| the flea dirt. But they're fairly fat. It's a mystery.

You should get them looked at. They may look fat but still be
dehydrated from exposure.

| I'm just guessing somebody knows me and figured it was a good
| way to get rid of them.

Is there a regular "dump spot" in your area? That's where they
may have picked up the fleas. Even wilder theory: someone dumped
them there, someone else found them, didn't know what to do but
knew you.

Old July 7th 04, 02:03 AM
Arjun Ray

Old July 7th 04, 03:42 AM
Dermuid

"Arjun Ray" wrote in message
: In ,
: itty (Sherry ) wrote:
:
[...]

I like theories, here's two more, there must have been more than 2 kittens,
see if you can find the rest of the litter.
If you want to find out where the 2 you have could have come from, circulate
some photos to the pet clinics in and around your area, given the markings
and fur colour, long haired, the adult versions parent/s should be easy to
find as they are not your average run of the mill moggies.