Anyone have room....?

Old July 27th 03, 07:33 PM
Corinne

Default Anyone have room....?

....in their hearts and homes for a 14 yr old female cat? She's in need of a
new home since her owner is moving to a place that won't allow cats. Yes,
I'm FURIOUS about this, but I am doing my darndest to find a forever home
for the cat, since she needs love & attention, and to feel that she won't be
dumped again - ESPECIALLY this late in her life.

Thanks muchly,
Corinne

PS...she's in New England, and I'm willing to transport her pretty much
anywhere within a day's drive, pending approval.

Old July 28th 03, 05:58 AM
Jocelyn

Why can't she find a place that does accept cats? Has she had this cat 14
years?

It just blows my mind to see people disowning their pets just because some
landlord will not allow them. There are a lot of people who will accept and
totally understand that family pets are indeed a part of a family! It's just
like giving your own child up for adoption, in my eyes! I can only imagine
what that poor old thing will be thinking when her owner hands her over to a
total stranger, never to see her again and then have no familar face with
her in last days of life! Yes, animals do get depressed...stress on her old
poor heart, I don't see her lasting too long once she has been given away!

It's good that you are at least trying to find a good home for her..But be
careful, there are a lot of people out there who will take animals with good
intensions but then have other cruel plans for them. Especially people from
the internet! Elderly people are great companions for cats, try posting up
posters in retirement areas or shopping centers.

I hope you find someone to care for her.
Living in Canada and already owning 5 cats myself, I would have taken her or
at least have tried to helping you out if I was in that area but
unfortunately I'm not.
I rescue stray cats in my spare time, so I know how you feel about wanting
to find a good home for her.

Good Luck!

Old July 28th 03, 02:33 PM
Eric Lee Green

In article , Jocelyn burped:
Why can't she find a place that does accept cats? Has she had this cat 14
years?

It just blows my mind to see people disowning their pets just because some
landlord will not allow them.

It could be that she has become unemployed, has been evicted from her prior
housing, and is now moving into a homeless shelter.

Given the current disaster unfolding economically in the United States, do
not assume that people have a choice of landlords. The official unemployment
rate using the most expansive definition of "unemployed" is over 11% now.
(Note that the U.S. government has four different definitions of "unemployed",
only statistics related to the least inclusive of those definitions are
widely reported). There are now many people who worked their entire lives,
accumulated possessions and pets under the assumption that they were
contributing members of society who would always be able to find a job...
who now are finding that unless they move to Vietnam and work for $5 a day,
they are SOL, soon to be homeless bums like those that they so despised as
"leeches" only a few short months earlier.

--
Eric Lee Green

Old July 28th 03, 08:25 PM
Corinne

"Jocelyn" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Thanks so much, I agree with you 100% on this lady's behavior. I won't
judge, but I CAN be ****ed off.

:-)
Corinne

Old July 29th 03, 12:48 AM
Stephanie Serba

In Ontario, the NoPets thing is now illegal by precedent set by the owners
of a cat named Fluffy. I *believe* the precedent comes from a Supreme Court
of Ontario decision in 1996. An elderly couple moved from their house (empty
nesters) and brought their cat along. For a number of years nobody knew they
had a cat (no smell or noise) and then he got out. The neighbours went
ballistic and the landlord threw them out. They went to court, lower court
sided with the landlord. They appealed, and Supreme Court overturned the
decision because they had the cat for years, he was family, and there were
no complaints by the neighbours.

--
Mandy, Missey and Sam III
The Karamel Koloured Kat Kollection

.. .

Old July 29th 03, 01:44 AM
Larry Osborne

This only applies to rentals in Canada. Even if your lease says no pets,
and many still do, a renter can have pets with impunity. The pets have to
be causing a problem and complaints from other tenants before the animal or
tenant can be forced out.

Owners of condominium apartments, however, are not so protected from bylaws
that the condo corporation enacts. If the bylaws say no pets the owner must
get rid of the animals to stay. If they choose to keep the animal they must
move out and promptly. If they fight, they will lose and the court costs
will be added to their unit maintenance, the corporation could even sell the
apartment out from under them if they persist.

Larry Osborne

====================
=====================
====================

"Stephanie Serba" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
In Ontario, the NoPets thing is now illegal by precedent set by the owners
of a cat named Fluffy. I *believe* the precedent comes from a Supreme

Court
of Ontario decision in 1996. An elderly couple moved from their house

(empty
nesters) and brought their cat along. For a number of years nobody knew

they
had a cat (no smell or noise) and then he got out. The neighbours went
ballistic and the landlord threw them out. They went to court, lower court
sided with the landlord. They appealed, and Supreme Court overturned the
decision because they had the cat for years, he was family, and there were
no complaints by the neighbours.

--
Mandy, Missey and Sam III
The Karamel Koloured Kat Kollection
in Katnada

.. .

Old July 30th 03, 12:25 PM
The Charming Ones

"Jocelyn" wrote in message
.. .
Why can't she find a place that does accept cats? Has she had this cat 14
years?

It just blows my mind to see people disowning their pets just because some
landlord will not allow them. There are a lot of people who will accept

and
totally understand that family pets are indeed a part of a family! It's

just
like giving your own child up for adoption, in my eyes!

OH, I wouldn't go that far. Bit extreme really.
Quite obvious that you don't have an children.
TT

Old August 1st 03, 05:53 AM
Jocelyn

HUH?? What does that have to do with someone giving up a cat and
understanding that a cat is apart of a family? My point was that you
wouldn't give up a family like your child!! A cat is a family member, get
it?
Wow! Someone needs to clue in to certain to examples!

"The Charming Ones" wrote in message

.. .

Old August 2nd 03, 05:08 AM
Corinne

"The Charming Ones" wrote in message

"Jocelyn" wrote in message
.. .
Why can't she find a place that does accept cats? Has she had this cat

14
years?

It just blows my mind to see people disowning their pets just because

some
landlord will not allow them. There are a lot of people who will accept

and
totally understand that family pets are indeed a part of a family! It's

just
like giving your own child up for adoption, in my eyes!

OH, I wouldn't go that far. Bit extreme really.
Quite obvious that you don't have an children.
TT

....Actually, I agree 100% about family pets being as important as children -
being loved as much, and not wanting to give up EITHER for ANYTHING...and I
DO have a child.

Corinne