Basho is a music critic

Old August 24th 04, 05:01 AM
Marina

"Debbie Wilson" wrote

LOL!! Willow is fascinated if I whistle, but I don't think she notices
if it's out of tune :-) As she also loves it when I try out different
ringtones on my mobile phone, I don't have her down as a music critic of
any standing :-))
She gets very excited and runs in to rub against the phone, the tackier
the ringtone, the better!

Both Frank and Nikki get really excited by ringtones. If I ever want to get
them going, I just have to take out the movile and try out the different
ringtones.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old August 24th 04, 08:33 AM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , "Marina"
wrote:

"Victor Martinez" wrote
Kinda. We were watching TV (can you see a theme for this weekend?) and
had Basho on my chest, his favorite spot. There was a catchy tune that
started whistling (is that the right spelling?). Basho looked at me
with
really big eyes and proceeded to bat my mouth with his paw. I laughed
and tried again, only to be batted again with his paw. I guess he
thought I was off-note, which I probably was.

Heh, reminds me of that time I practised a paper I was going to give in
English at a conference. I usually speak Swedish to the cats, and when I
started reading in English, Nikki carefully came over, sniffed my mouth,
and
tapped it lightly to make those funny sounds stop coming out of Meowmie's
mouth.

Maybe the cats will understand my problem. I only have a smattering of
Scandinavian languages, but my Swedish friends are amused that I seem
unerringly to try to speak to them in Dansk, while my Danish friends say
I speak to them in Svensk. I didn't have any good enough friends in
Oslo to tell me what my attempts sounded like, although there was a
general preference that I speak English.