Is it wrong to want another purebred?

Old April 1st 05, 07:40 AM
-L.

kitkat wrote:
wrote:
and his owners dumped him because they
"moved". You gotta love breeders.

I know this has been said a million times on here and I am just
preaching to the choir...but how does one just decide the will get

rid
of a cat because they "moved" or because "they don't have time" or

they
simply "do not want" them any longer.

Often this is code for "the cat pees all over the house but I don't
want to tell the shelter this because then they will kill the cat."
You have to take reasons for surrender with a grain of salt.

I stopped at PetSmart today for
some food and of course I am always drawn to the kitties for adoption

room. Most of the cages simply said "not wanted" and i thought...what

MOTHER F*CKER just decides "MEH! I no longer want this cat."

O.M.G. I wanted to pound my damn fists on the windows and then I

wanted
to steal them all and take them all home. Lily and Daisy and the

little
black one and the two calico looking ones and the orange
tabby...and...and...

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After awhile, you just get numb. You just resign yourself to doing
anything and everything you can to help them, because you realize you
can't adopt them all. The worst for me is the adult dog section of the
shelter. Cats are placed more frequently than dogs in most places, and
adult dogs are harder to place than most other animals. Nothing tears
my heart out more than seeing a sweet adult dog on death row.

-L.

Old April 1st 05, 07:43 AM
Ashley

"Steve G" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary wrote:
(...)

You and Ashley are the same kind of asshole, Steve.

Actually, we have the same arsehole. It's a timeshare.

snip

Actually, I typed this message using my wang. Then again, this is a
very small keyboard.

LOL!

Steve, I am enjoying your posts. On my screen, they follow one after the
other, uninterrupted, but they are most enjoyable (and remarkably mild!)

Old April 1st 05, 07:44 AM
Ashley

wrote in message
ups.com...

And I did. Because I didn't rescue Flower as a selfish act. I already
had a perfectly wonderful cat. I did it because she needed me and I had
enough space in my home and my heart to care for one more that nobody
else wanted.

If you hurry, there might still be time for the Pope to begin the
beatification process.

Old April 1st 05, 07:51 AM
Mary

"Ashley" wrote in message

"Steve G" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary wrote:
(...)

You and Ashley are the same kind of asshole, Steve.

Actually, we have the same arsehole. It's a timeshare.

snip

Actually, I typed this message using my wang. Then again, this is a
very small keyboard.

LOL!

Steve, I am enjoying your posts. On my screen, they follow one after the
other, uninterrupted, but they are most enjoyable (and remarkably mild!)

Now this is a mutual appreciation society made in heaven.

Old April 1st 05, 07:52 AM
Mary

"Ashley" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...

And I did. Because I didn't rescue Flower as a selfish act. I already
had a perfectly wonderful cat. I did it because she needed me and I had
enough space in my home and my heart to care for one more that nobody
else wanted.

If you hurry, there might still be time for the Pope to begin the
beatification process.

This is the exact type of snide comment that Steve G. makes
that makes him seem like an unhappy old woman in a girdle
that pinches her nasty bits. You two are soul mates.

Old April 1st 05, 08:32 AM
Phil P.

"Ashley" wrote in message

"Phil P." wrote in message
news

"Ashley" wrote in message

I am, however, really sick of the lecturing "If you saw what I saw"

bunch
around here, who seem to think that anyone who has slightly different

As one of the "if you saw what I saw" bunch" I can say with reasonable
certainty that "if you saw what I saw" you'd probably have a different
view,
too. On second thought, after reading some of your posts, maybe not -
you're too self-centered.

Having said that, such
posters are progressively filling up my killfile,

Maybe that's why your views are so distorted and your information is so
erroneous.

You know what, you actually stay out of my killfile

Given the substance of your posts, do you really think I give a **** if you
killfile me? I really hate to dissapoint you, but I don't.

because, despite your
"I'm right, you're wrong" view of the world, you make some interesting and
informative posts and while you voice your disdain for those who disagree
with you, you don't resort to the juvenile name-calling that others do.

Sure I do! I've called several people assholes!

And
as long as it remains that way, you'll stay out and I'll get to benefit

from
your superior wisdom

You haven't seemed to earn anything so far.

and change my personality all because of you.

Won't that be just marvellous?

Any change in your personality would be an improvement.

Old April 1st 05, 08:34 AM
Phil P.

"Ashley" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...

And I did. Because I didn't rescue Flower as a selfish act. I already
had a perfectly wonderful cat. I did it because she needed me and I had
enough space in my home and my heart to care for one more that nobody
else wanted.

If you hurry, there might still be time for the Pope to begin the
beatification process.

If would more than the pope to beatify you!

Old April 1st 05, 08:34 AM

"Often this is code for "the cat pees all over the house but I don't
want to tell the shelter this because then they will kill the cat."
You have to take reasons for surrender with a grain of salt."

Well, it can be, but it's a no-kill shelter and we really do try to get
the truth of the matter. The poor little flat-face hasn't shown any
signs of litterbox problems as of yet.

"If you hurry, there might still be time for the Pope to begin the
beatification process"

No can do. Jewish by birth. The best I can aspire to is limbo :

Old April 1st 05, 08:51 AM
Ashley

"Phil P." wrote in message

Given the substance of your posts, do you really think I give a **** if
you
killfile me?

No, not at all. I thought it might remotely interest you to know that I, and
others, find some of your information interesting, though.

Any change in your personality would be an improvement.

Phil, you are really quite amazing. You can't tell anything from my
personality from what I post. All you can tell is my posting style. Which
may, or may not, reflect my everyday personality.

Hey, you, Mary and Sherry could be sweet, lovely people in everyday life. It
wouldn't surprise me at all. I've been around usenet long enough to
understand that some people undergo complete personality changes once you
put them in front of keyboard and grant them anonymity.

But, quite frankly, I don't care what any of you are like in everyday life,
cos it has no relevance to my life. When it comes to usenet, however, I will
listen to those who have something to say, and say it without degenerating
into juvenile abuse.