OT- back from my drive

Old July 7th 05, 10:23 AM
badwilson

Default OT- back from my drive

Well, thanks for your purrs, everyone. This morning I felt well
enough to drive to the
border for my visa run. My flu symptoms are gone and so is the
nausea, although I still can't eat much. Might try to keep it that
way, that's how I started off losing weight last time ;-)
I ended up going to a different border crossing this time and was
surprised when it took me a whole hour less to get there. So that
knocked 2 hours off the round trip making it a 6 hour trip instead of
8. Also, the Cambodians at this border seemed to be more professional
and ripped me off a little bit less on the visa, etc. I saved myself
$6!!! However, there wasn't any good shopping at this border, so I
wasn't able to buy anything. Oh well, I just wanted to turn around
and head home anyway.
It was a pretty enjoyable drive, I sang along to my favorite mixed
tapes (can't do that with Dennis in the car, I'm too considerate) and
I only saw 2 dead dogs and 1 dead snake. And 1 very much alive,
gigantic, black, shiny and very wiggly snake. And I didn't get pulled
over for a ticket this time. Yay :-)
Oh, and I have yet again come to realize that I live in the hottest
part of Thailand. It is noticeably cooler as little as a couple of
hours in any direction from my town. Even to the east.
#&(?^$#%^%$#^!!! That's all I have to say about that.
So the purrs for me obviously worked. Thanks again.
For my friend Elsa, I'm not sure if they worked. She would probably
think so because according to her everything's "all better" now with
her husband. He's been away in Vietnam for the last couple of days
but gets home tonight. Then he's taking her to Samui for the weekend.
So I really can't say anything else to her at this time because of all
the happy, happy, joy, joy. But I'll be there for her when she needs
me again. And I don't doubt that she will.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old July 7th 05, 12:17 PM
Adrian

badwilson wrote:
[...]

I'm glad the purrs worked for you, will continue the purrs for Elsa,
they'll work eventually. How much longer do you expect to stay in
Thailand before you move to Australia?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old July 7th 05, 12:45 PM
badwilson

Adrian wrote:
badwilson wrote:
[...]

Sigh I wish I knew. We still haven't heard a thing. I'm hoping
that no news is good news. I'm going to check again next week. Once
we hear, we have up to a year to get there. But it will take at least
6 months to prepare Vino's paperwork. So it will be from 6 months to
a year after we get the visa.

Old July 7th 05, 02:00 PM
Adrian

badwilson wrote:

Sigh I wish I knew. We still haven't heard a thing. I'm hoping
that no news is good news. I'm going to check again next week. Once
we hear, we have up to a year to get there. But it will take at least
6 months to prepare Vino's paperwork. So it will be from 6 months to
a year after we get the visa.

Will continue to send visa purrs.

Old July 7th 05, 04:27 PM
lewe

"badwilson" wrote in message
[...]

glad to hear you're feeling better and that your trip was bearable - sorry
about the shopping though!!
purrs for your friend, but my friends - strong, smart women all three that I
think of, and you would not expect one of them to put up - that have been in
such a relationship tell me you more often than not have to *really* hit
bottom hard before you can pull yourself up and out, hope it' doesn't get
too hard on her and she can get out with her health

--
lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se | cats' pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old July 7th 05, 11:33 PM
SuzQ

I'm glad you're back, safe and well.
Suz&Spicey the cap hockey fiend

Old July 8th 05, 03:34 AM
badwilson

lewe wrote:
"badwilson" wrote in message
[...]

Well, this is the thing. In 8 years of marriage, he hasn't touched
her. She said that she almost wishes he would hit her because that
would definitely get her to instantly leave. But as it is, she feels
like she's in this limbo of "too bad to stay, but too good to leave".
I am getting the feeling that he's too smart to hit her, he knows she
will leave if he does, so he doesn't and she sticks around so he can
torture her in emotional ways :-(

Old July 8th 05, 10:24 PM
polonca12000

I was worried about you driving while having the flu, so I'm glad you are
back home ok, Britta.
I do so wish Elsa would get out of the bad marriage, but I know that she is
the one who has to make that decision. We can only send purrs.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek