Cats and jigsaw puzzles

Old July 15th 04, 05:33 AM
Melissa Houle

SNIP
My cat of course was curious, and took a few stabs at the pieces as I
sorted through them.She knocked a few onto the floor, I chased her
off, no problem. A couple of times, she decided to take a rest and lie
down on the pieces. Later as I had completed most of the border, she
on several occasions grabbed some pieces in her mouth, and once was
able to carry 2 pieces off the table. The jigsaw pieces do look a lot
like Cat Chow.

Reminds me of a time some friends had a military simulation board game,
with lots of little cardboard squares for units, on a table.

He subsequently looked a certain cat in the eye and said "I hope you are
proud you did more damage to the German Army than George S. Patton and
the entire Eastern Front."

And most likely the cat *was* proud

Of course! What cat could resist? =o) Amusing small objects that a human is
absorbed with when they might put their time to better use by playing with
their cats. No cat would stand for this. Of COURSE she had to wreak havoc
on the the Eastern Front. =o)

Melissa

Old July 15th 04, 07:32 AM
Tree Line

Howard Berkowitz wrote in message ...
In article , John F.
Eldredge wrote:

It could be a lot worse; I once read that Isaac Newton's dog tore up
half of the only copy of a book manuscript that he was about to send
to a publisher.

"Diamond, poor Diamond, if you had only known what you had done."

Diamond was his little doggie, not his cat.

Newton not only invented the first cat flap so his cat could come and
go as wished. He also invented a cat flap for the cat's kitten. A
double cat flap!

"Newton continued on however, remaining the humble professor, but with
increasing absentĀ*mindedness. Friends laughed at him when visiting his
home when they saw the sight of his front door. He had cut two holes
in his front door, one for a cat and one for the cat's kitten."

Seems right. What a guy! Never married, probably why his brain
remained intact.

Old July 15th 04, 12:26 PM
lrulan

Why did I keep referring to Jazz as a 'SHE'?
I must be getting older.
Jazz's mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

"lrulan" wrote in message
Jazz once tried to help me put a jigsaw puzzle together. First she jumped

up
on the table. I put her back down on the floor. She did this a couple of
times. Finally, I told her in no uncertain terms to quit it.
Next thing I know, I see a little paw come up from under the table up onto
the table and start feeling around for the puzzle pieces. Needless to say
that just broke me up.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

"Doe John" wrote in message
Decided to put together a 2000 piece jigsaw on a table , instead of on
the hardwood floor. Much less space to work with, but easier on my
body.

My cat of course was curious, and took a few stabs at the pieces as I
sorted through them.She knocked a few onto the floor, I chased her
off, no problem. A couple of times, she decided to take a rest and lie
down on the pieces. Later as I had completed most of the border, she
on several occasions grabbed some pieces in her mouth, and once was
able to carry 2 pieces off the table. The jigsaw pieces do look a lot
like Cat Chow.

On another occasion, she managed to take apart some of the completed
border from the left side. Later, I found out that one of the pieces
in the area she tor up was in the incorrect spot due to a similar
shape. Belonged on the other side. Maybe she noticed something? :-)

Hopefully, pillows covering the boxes wher I have sorted the pieces
will keep her away from the pieces. She only seems interested if I am
interested.

Old July 15th 04, 04:54 PM
Cap'n Pine Cone esq.

Eldredge wrote:

It could be a lot worse; I once read that Isaac Newton's dog tore up
half of the only copy of a book manuscript that he was about to send
to a publisher.

"Diamond, poor Diamond, if you had only known what you had done."

We named our first cat "Diamond" after Sir Isaac's dog. I think the
little stinker knew he was going to be the first of many cats to bless
our house, he was certainly smug enough to have known.

Pam S. coming out of lurking for this one