Cats and jigsaw puzzles

Old July 17th 04, 11:18 AM
JPHobbs

we have periscope paws at our place too{good expression }
Wilson has only to see me pick up a pen and 2 seconds later
up come the paws, first one then the other, I let him touch the pen
a couple of times, then pull it back, immediately a pair of eyes appear
follwed by a little nose then a paw darts out covering half the table,
its actually an old type hospital table the kind that used to be pulled up
from the bottom of the bed, I've had it 20 yrs or more and its been painted
several timesand the top re-covered each time Been used for everything!
and now is my little armchair table and very handy it is, *also used quite
often as a cat perch*. Jean.P.
Howard Berkowitz wrote in message
In article , Steve
Touchstone wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:56:09 +0100, "Adrian" wrote:

lrulan wrote:
Jazz once tried to help me put a jigsaw puzzle together. First she
jumped up on the table. I put her back down on the floor. She did
this a couple of times. Finally, I told her in no uncertain terms to
quit it. Next thing I know, I see a little paw come up from under the
table up onto the table and start feeling around for the puzzle
pieces. Needless to say that just broke me up.
Jazz & his mama

That reminds me of the expression "periscope paws" which is what some
cats do while their hoomins are eating.

ROTFL I hadn't heard that phrase, but it certainly fits Sammy at
times

Then, there are the longer cats like Clifford (RB) who simply stood on
two legs and rested his chin on the table, not especially stretching.

Old July 17th 04, 07:57 PM
Susan M

LOL - as soon as I saw the title, I *knew*. BTDT.

Happy puzzling!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

"Doe John" wrote in message
Decided to put together a 2000 piece jigsaw on a table , instead of on
the hardwood floor. Much less space to work with, but easier on my
body.

My cat of course was curious, and took a few stabs at the pieces as I
sorted through them.She knocked a few onto the floor, I chased her
off, no problem. A couple of times, she decided to take a rest and lie
down on the pieces. Later as I had completed most of the border, she
on several occasions grabbed some pieces in her mouth, and once was
able to carry 2 pieces off the table. The jigsaw pieces do look a lot
like Cat Chow.

On another occasion, she managed to take apart some of the completed
border from the left side. Later, I found out that one of the pieces
in the area she tor up was in the incorrect spot due to a similar
shape. Belonged on the other side. Maybe she noticed something? :-)

Hopefully, pillows covering the boxes wher I have sorted the pieces
will keep her away from the pieces. She only seems interested if I am
interested.