Your purrs worked again - THANKS!!!!

Old August 13th 04, 05:41 PM
CatNipped

Victor Martinez wrote in message ...
CatNipped wrote:
I get to bring her home tomorrow after 9:00AM.

Why on earth do they keep her overnight for? When the girls were spayed,
I dropped them off at 7am and then picked them up at 4pm. They were
bouncing off the walls by the time we got home.

I don't know, most vets do (all my other cats had to stay overnight),
but the local SNAP clinic sends them home the same day (this may
because they don't have the facilities to house them, though).

I'm also a bit worried because when I got Sammy this morning and got
her after-care instruction it said to keep her from exercise for 7
days (she can't climb stairs, jump off the bed, etc.). This means I
have to keep her confined to the bedroom, but I can't watch her 24/7
to make sure she doesn't climb or jump. Every other time I've had a
kitty spayed they told me that the cat would only do as much as she
was able, so don't worry about confining. Maybe it's because she's on
pain medication and they think she may feel good enough to do things
she really shouldn't???

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatMom to:
Bandit, (a.k.a. "Bitch Cat From Hell"), 14, DLH Tabby
Demi, (a.k.a. "Ghost Cat"), 5, DLH Pure White Beauty
Jessie, (a.k.a. "Jet Ski"), 4, DSH Tortoiseshell
Samantha / Sammy, (a.k.a. "Mini Me"), 4 months, DLH Tabby

http://www.gcmensa.org/Cats.html (Jessie, Demi, Bandit)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy/ (Sammy and Bandit)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy2/ (All my fur babies)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy3/ (Sammy and Jessie)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy4/ (Sammy and Jessie)

Old August 13th 04, 08:00 PM
Jeanette

om...

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

I have a very clear memory of taking half a dozen feral cats back to their
barn the morning after they were neutered, and watching them ALL run up a
vertical haystack that was at least twenty feet high. Males and females.

However, I have no idea how they did it Six weeks after major surgery,
I'm still in no fit state to climb over a three foot stack of hay!

Jeanette

Old August 14th 04, 01:53 AM
CatNipped

"Jeanette" wrote in message o.uk...
I have a very clear memory of taking half a dozen feral cats back to their
barn the morning after they were neutered, and watching them ALL run up a
vertical haystack that was at least twenty feet high. Males and females.

However, I have no idea how they did it Six weeks after major surgery,
I'm still in no fit state to climb over a three foot stack of hay!

Jeanette

I have no idea how I'm supposed to keep Sammy from running around and
jumping! They told me to NOT let her jump off the bed - well she's
jumped and climbed onto the bed then jumped off again about 10 times
since I've been home from work. She's chasing Jessie, jumping from
the bed to the dresser and back again, running across the floor and
doing tumble sets after toys, she won't even slow down much less stop
and rest. She's making me a nervous wreck!! I keep waiting to see
her intestines hanging out of her belly!!! And all this was BEFORE I
gave her her pain medication at 7:00PM (I know the pain medicine they
gave her at 7:00 AM had to have worn off), but that didn't seem to
bother her. I just wish I had that kind of resilience.

Old August 14th 04, 10:32 AM
Adrian

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

They are probably being a little over cautious, I'm sure Sammy will
recognise her own limitations and be perfectly OK.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

---