Basho is a music critic

Old August 23rd 04, 08:12 AM

Singh wrote:

The late great Fritzie liked symphonies, acoustic stuff like that
of kd lang and Lisa Loeb, and jazz. He could NOT endure Queen.
Absolutely hated them. After about 15 seconds of Freddie Mercury
he'd go on a freak fit tearing up the house.

Yeah, Fritzie! I would have to agree with his tastes, on all of the above.
I like the late 90s Lilith Fair female singer-songwriter types myself,
I've always liked symphonic classical music, and I can't stand glam rock.
Hated it the first time around, still hate it.

Stosh and Roxie are not Trekkies of any sort.
They come running for Iron Chef.

Oh, that's not musical - they're coming for the seafood!

Whenever I sing, Smudge comes over to me with a concerned look, as
though she believes I might be in pain. I'm not *that* bad a singer!!

Joyce

Old August 23rd 04, 09:37 AM
Debbie Wilson

Victor Martinez wrote:

Kinda. We were watching TV (can you see a theme for this weekend?) and I
had Basho on my chest, his favorite spot. There was a catchy tune that I
started whistling (is that the right spelling?). Basho looked at me with
really big eyes and proceeded to bat my mouth with his paw. I laughed
and tried again, only to be batted again with his paw. I guess he
thought I was off-note, which I probably was.

LOL!! Willow is fascinated if I whistle, but I don't think she notices
if it's out of tune :-) As she also loves it when I try out different
ringtones on my mobile phone, I don't have her down as a music critic of
any standing :-))
She gets very excited and runs in to rub against the phone, the tackier
the ringtone, the better!

Deb.

--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old August 23rd 04, 01:49 PM
Jean Hobbs

When I used to whistle,{ yes the spelling is correct Mr Martinez,}
I would hear a chorus of whistles from the surrounding units,
They all knew I was calling Henri in. Jean.P.

Victor Martinez wrote in message
Kinda. We were watching TV (can you see a theme for this weekend?) and I
had Basho on my chest, his favorite spot. There was a catchy tune that I
started whistling (is that the right spelling?). Basho looked at me with
really big eyes and proceeded to bat my mouth with his paw. I laughed
and tried again, only to be batted again with his paw. I guess he
thought I was off-note, which I probably was.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

Old August 23rd 04, 01:51 PM
Jean Hobbs

Ghostly music? Jean.P.

Marina wrote in message

"Victor Martinez" wrote
Kinda. We were watching TV (can you see a theme for this weekend?) and I
had Basho on my chest, his favorite spot. There was a catchy tune that I
started whistling (is that the right spelling?). Basho looked at me with
really big eyes and proceeded to bat my mouth with his paw. I laughed
and tried again, only to be batted again with his paw. I guess he
thought I was off-note, which I probably was.

Heh, reminds me of that time I practised a paper I was going to give in
English at a conference. I usually speak Swedish to the cats, and when I
started reading in English, Nikki carefully came over, sniffed my mouth,

and
tapped it lightly to make those funny sounds stop coming out of Meowmie's
mouth.

Yesterday, Frank did something strange. I have a portable cd player on my
kitchen table. Frank had been sleeping on my bed in the other room, and
suddenly, he purposefully came into the kitchen, jumped up on the table (I
never bothered trying to stop this kind of behaviour), sat down in front

of
the cd player and stared at it. Then he pressed the top, which opens the

cd
player. Then he jumped off the table and went back to sleep in the

bedroom.
And the cd player wasn't even playing! What the...???

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki