Thank you

Old September 18th 04, 05:25 AM
LOL

"gracecat" wrote in message ...
I haven't much to say, other than thank you. The flowers were overwhelming,
the notes were beautiful.

I read Pam's first letter, and her last. And I also have the services on
tape. If anyone would like to hear the letters to Eve being read, I can rip
that to an MP3 in the next few days.

I have hesitated to mention this because it's been a very private thing. But
we do have a lurker in our midst folks, one who has been with us for a
couple years. And as far as I know, she's never made a single post to our
group. But Tuesday night, the family was notified Eve's funeral has been
paid in full, to the last penny by this person.

Our decision (when we find her address) is to visit this lady in person and
give her a hug. That's been Jody's wish. Mine, one that I requested during
the services as I read Pam's welcome letter, is to match this donation in
Eve's name to an animal shelter/SPCA/organization. Roughly Eve's costs were
$2800, I know we're putting at least half towards a pet charity. I haven't
set it up, I haven't even researched the groups and organizations I'd
consider but in time, I will.

Secondly, Jody's message board has picked up the cost of her memorial stone.
When we decide what we want, it's been settled up. All we have to do is pick
it out. I'm just.... overwhelmed by the support. There were additional
rooms opened just to contain the flowers. So many that they flooded the
cemetary and half of my living room is full of live plants and floral
arrangements. They're surrounding my baby, and placed on top as deep as I am
tall. Our local florists ran out, shipments running all night from two and
three hours away just to get new roses in.

*shakes head*
In time, I'll share what happened. I need to share that. From what I know at
least.

Love all of you dearly.
Grace and family

((((((((((Grace))))))))))

You're in my prayers every day, and I wish I could be there to hug you
in person. I'm glad you have help and support; I think I know who
your lurker is, and she will be in my prayers too.

Please let us know when you're ready for the contributions for Eve,
and if there is anything at all we can do for you.

------
Krista

Old September 18th 04, 12:42 PM
Kajikit

gracecat had something important to tell us on Fri, 17 Sep 2004
16:09:39 -0500:

[...]

Grace, when you decide who you want to give the money to, let us
know... I want to give you some for it.

(gentle huggles)
--

Karen AKA Kajikit

Here kitty kitty kitty... visit http://www.catslaves.org!

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://www.kajikitscorner.com

Old September 18th 04, 01:52 PM
Singh

CatNipped wrote:

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Grace,

I hesitated between sending flowers and donating to a cat shelter in Eve's
name. I'll be happy to contribute to the matching fund and I'm glad to
have contributed to the overflowing flowers.

Take care of yourself and let me know if there is anything you need.

*hugs*

Victor

Yes, I forgot to add that to my post, I too would like to contribute to the
matching fund in Eve's name.

Me too. Please let us know how.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 18th 04, 01:56 PM
Singh

Purrs, many hugs and blessings to you and your family Grace. and to Friend
Lurker, who has just proven to me that there is good to be found, despite what
you hear from news channels, pulpits and watercooler gossips. This anonymous
saint has earned a star in the heavens for this.

Blessed be.

Baha

CatNipped wrote:

"gracecat" wrote in message
[...]

I couldn't help it - I'm sitting at my desk crying to the point that I'm
sobbing. People have stopped by to ask what was wrong and I read them this
note and there were more tears shed. This is absolutely amazing. We all
hear about the evil done in this world, the lies, the cheating, and the
hurt - so when we read about something like this it is hard to believe that
such goodness, kindness, generosity, and *LOVE* can exist in that same
world.

I think I know who your "lurker" is, but I'll keep her anonymity. However,
she will be added to every prayer I say from now till I die and she will be
in every good thought I have for the rest of my life. She will have my
eternal gratitude for showing me that there are people like her who share my
world with me - that will be my defense against the times of depression I
feel when I hear of cruelty or evil.

Thank you for sharing this Grace. Purrs are still coming for your family's
healing.

Hugs,

CatNipped