An Unlikely Conversation

Old April 16th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
kraut

Default An Unlikely Conversation

Bart: "I'd like to upgrade my Siamese to an Abyssinian."
Clerk: "Do you want a red or a tan Abby?"
Bart: "I dunno. Is there a difference besides the color?"
Clerk: "Well, the red one is faster, but costs quite a bit more.
Personally, I don't think it's worth it. The price/performance isn't
as good as the tan one."
Bart: "Do you think I need that extra speed?"
Clerk: "Depends on what you're getting it for. Any big dogs near your
house?"
Bart: "Yes."
Clerk: "Well then, you'd better go ahead and get the red one. Unless
you want to save money and get the tan. The tan is upgradable to the
red later. We offer our "Red Dye Overdrive Kit" for $100. Seventy
percent increase in performance."
Bart: "Let's go with a tan one."
Clerk: "Ok. That's gonna run you $400. What size litter box do you
have?"
Bart: "10x12 inches."
Clerk: "You're gonna have to replace it with a bigger one."
Bart: "Why?"
Clerk: "A Siamese litterbox won't handle the demands of an Abby. You
need at least a 14x16."
Bart: "Okay, how much is that gonna cost?"
Clerk: "$20. You're also gonna need a second water bowl."
Bart: "I am?"
Clerk: "An Abby tends to run hotter than a Siamese. A second water
bowl will keep the cat from overheating: $10."
Bart: "I'll take it."
Clerk: "You weren't planning on putting that Abby in the same carrier
as the Siamese, were you?"
Bart: "Uh...yeah.
Clerk: "Not a good idea. The Abby might not fit, and even if it does
you'd probably want a bigger carrier for better air circulation."
Bart: (sigh)"How much?"
Clerk: "$100."
Bart: "Okay. Boy, I'm almost buying a whole new cat setup."
Clerk: "Well, you can still use the same brushes, shampoo and cat
toys."
Bart: "True. So, what do I do with the Siamese?"
Clerk: "We don't take trade-ins. Maybe you can sell it."

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Reply to news groups for all to see please.

_
/ )
(\__/) ( (
) ( ) )