I think I found a solution

Old June 18th 05, 12:02 PM
Marina

Default I think I found a solution

Well that second kitten had probably gone to a new home already, because
I never heard back from his slave. But now I found a way to find my
dream kitten and help poor homeless kittens at the same time.

On that same web board where I found the other kittens, there's a woman
who periodically announces that she has some kittens from Tallinn in
Estonia. I wrote to her and asked about them, and she just wrote back
and told me about this woman who rescues strays and ferals in Tallinn.
She houses pregnant cats she finds in the street and rears the mother
and the kittens until they are 12 weeks old. Then they are shipped to
Helsinki to this woman who handles their adoption over here. They are
treated for parasites, vaccinated and microchipped in Tallinn, and get a
pet passport to come over to Finland.

This woman said she used to work with homeless cats in Finland, but the
situation is so much worse on the other side of the bay (Tallinn is a
couple of hours by boat from Helsinki) she decided to start working for
these cats who have much more need of help than the ones here.

Anywhose, I told her I would prefer a tabby short-haired boycat, and she
promised to keep an eye out for one at the end of July. Of course, if I
go and visit her to meet the kittens, you never know what I'll come home
with.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 18th 05, 12:23 PM
Adrian

Marina wrote:
[...]

It sounds like the perfect solution. Bast must be smiling.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old June 18th 05, 03:36 PM
badwilson

Marina wrote:
[...]

That sounds great, Marina :-) I definitely think you should go over
and visit!
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old June 18th 05, 04:10 PM
Christina Websell

"Marina" wrote in message
[...]

Boyfriend sez short-haired tabby boys are THE BEST! and it doesn't hurt to
have some white on them either..
ahem, sort of a bit like myself really :-P

BF

Old June 18th 05, 04:34 PM
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
promised to keep an eye out for one at the end of July. Of course, if I
go and visit her to meet the kittens, you never know what I'll come home
with.

I can see the pictures now, Marina followed by a tribe of kitties...

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 18th 05, 05:05 PM
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:

Boyfriend sez short-haired tabby boys are THE BEST! and it doesn't hurt to
have some white on them either..
ahem, sort of a bit like myself really :-P

Yes, Boyfriend, you are quite a gorgeous little catman. scritches

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 18th 05, 05:17 PM
Melissa Houle

Marina wrote in message
[...]

I think I missed some vital link, here.... What happened to the cute little
tabby guy whose pictures you showed us last week??

Ah well, I too have a fondness for tabbies. That's the main reason
Francesca came home to live with me. =o) I think a visit to this cat Rescue
woman is definitely in order, Marina. Although one must be careful in the
presence of a wealth of kittens. =o) Lord knows who you might come home
with!

Melissa

P.S. Tabbies Shmabbies. Who NEEDS a tricolor fur coat? It's just genes
showing off, if you ask me. Frankly, I'm MUCH more in favor of sleek black
coats, like Frank's.

Unka Pan.

Old June 18th 05, 07:13 PM
Marina

Melissa Houle wrote:

I think I missed some vital link, here.... What happened to the cute little
tabby guy whose pictures you showed us last week??

The people who had him didn't want to keep him until August, when I
would have taken him. I hope he found a good foreverhome.

Ah well, I too have a fondness for tabbies. That's the main reason
Francesca came home to live with me. =o) I think a visit to this cat Rescue
woman is definitely in order, Marina. Although one must be careful in the
presence of a wealth of kittens. =o) Lord knows who you might come home
with!

Melissa

P.S. Tabbies Shmabbies. Who NEEDS a tricolor fur coat? It's just genes
showing off, if you ask me. Frankly, I'm MUCH more in favor of sleek black
coats, like Frank's.

Pan, I agree with you that black fur is gorgeous, but I'm worried that a
black or tuxedo kitty would remind me too much of Nikki (and Frank,
eventually, though of course I hope he'll live to be 50).

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 18th 05, 07:14 PM
Marina

Helen Miles wrote:

How great! ) Nikki would be pleased. Of course, it now means that you
have to think of a suitable Estonian name. ;o)

Ooh, didn't think of that... Eek, I don't know any Estonian names.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 18th 05, 09:24 PM
Adrian

Marina wrote:
Helen Miles wrote:

How great! ) Nikki would be pleased. Of course, it now means that
you have to think of a suitable Estonian name. ;o)

Ooh, didn't think of that... Eek, I don't know any Estonian names.

Aren't Estonian people close to Finnish? I would expect both countries
would have a lot of names in common.