I called the humane society...

Old December 15th 05, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I called the humane society...

I had to do it. The neighbor's cat is just shudderingly gross. They said
they would send out the proper authorities to investigate. I feel guilty
because the neighbors are gonna *know* it's me who called and we're already
not on friendly terms, but I had to do it.

I've mentioned the next-door-neighbor and his ill-treatment of the cat
before, but now it's gone too far.

Background story..........

They've had this indoor cat, used to be a beautiful cat, named Chester.
White and black, patchy cat, with the most gorgeous light green eyes you've
ever seen. He is about 2 years old and they got tired of cleaning the
litterbox so they dumped him outside. He was absolutely terrified of his
own shadow, so what happens? Within 2 weeks he was hit by a car. Broke his
back, but it was a recoverable break.

After the vet bills and such, within a month, they dump him outside again!
My husband and I were just absolutely appalled.

They don't fill the food dish and there's never any water. *I* feed that
cat. He begs at *my* door. I feed him, I'm sorry. He's so skinny!

We've determined there is some unscrupulous behavior next door
(prostitution, possible drugs). About a month ago, the husband was turned
out when a "client" came over. The unusual evening hour of the "client"
must have upset the neighbor because we heard him torturing Chester; Chester
was screaming. I jumped up and saw the neighbor basically pulling Chester
apart from head to tail. My husband ran outside and said "Neighbor, what's
the problem, here?" (Or words to that effect.) Our neighbor said he was
just petting the cat; we knew better, I vented to you all about the incident
and we had to let it go.

I'm not letting it go anymore. I went outside and took a good look at
Chester. First of all, he's got feces all over him. He's got runny poo
coming out of his behind. His eyes are still clear, so I'm hoping there's
going to be some way to save him; that he isn't too far off. Animal control
is really good around here and they'll fine up to a few hundred USD for any
sort of cruelty.

Well, I just called. We'll see how long it takes them and please give me
purrs that there's no retaliation. I just didn't know what else to do.

Thanks for letting me vent.

kili

Old December 15th 05, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:59:29 +0000, kilikini wrote:

[...]

Good for you. Purrs that they will take the cat for re-homing and medical
treatment. Purrs also that the neighbors will move one. MLB

Old December 15th 05, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"mlbriggs" schreef in bericht
news
[...]

And purrs that the neighbor will be treated the way he did Chester.......

Nanny

Old December 15th 05, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"kilikini" wrote in message

Well, I just called. We'll see how long it takes them and please give me
purrs that there's no retaliation. I just didn't know what else to do.

Thanks for letting me vent.

kili///

Kili,

Is there any way that you can confine Chester in a place of safety until
Animal control arrive? Say in the garage or something?

Helen M

Old December 15th 05, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-12-15, kilikini penned:
I had to do it. The neighbor's cat is just shudderingly gross.
They said they would send out the proper authorities to investigate.
I feel guilty because the neighbors are gonna *know* it's me who
called and we're already not on friendly terms, but I had to do it.

I'm glad you called. It doesn't sound like those neighbors are worth
being on good terms with, anyway. Or are you worried that they'll
take it out on you when Chester is (hopefully) taken from them?

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old December 15th 05, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"kilikini" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Kili, you have our support, whatever and however we can extend it to you.
We are in St. Cloud, Florida. email or write if we can help:

Charleen
and three angry cats
Mr. Pumpkin
Aggie Marble
Victor Velcro

Old December 15th 05, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Nanny" wrote in message

[...]

I second that! I hate that man. And, yes, I know hate is a strong word,
but gosh..........

kili

Old December 15th 05, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

kilikini wrote:
I had to do it. The neighbor's cat is just shudderingly gross. They
said they would send out the proper authorities to investigate. I
feel guilty because the neighbors are gonna *know* it's me who called
and we're already not on friendly terms, but I had to do it.

snip
I'm not letting it go anymore. I went outside and took a good look at
Chester. First of all, he's got feces all over him. He's got runny
poo coming out of his behind. His eyes are still clear, so I'm
hoping there's going to be some way to save him; that he isn't too
far off. Animal control is really good around here and they'll fine
up to a few hundred USD for any sort of cruelty.

Well, I just called. We'll see how long it takes them and please
give me purrs that there's no retaliation. I just didn't know what
else to do.

Thanks for letting me vent.

kili

Purrs for Chester and purrs that there's no retaliation.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old December 15th 05, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:4d30d7f7cd0e724227ef2fdbb6f1a095.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
"kilikini" wrote in message

Well, I just called. We'll see how long it takes them and please give

me
purrs that there's no retaliation. I just didn't know what else to do.

Thanks for letting me vent.

kili///

Kili,

Is there any way that you can confine Chester in a place of safety until
Animal control arrive? Say in the garage or something?

Helen M

Helen, I wish! I don't have a garage and I don't have a basement. I live
in a tiny, tiny little house and I've got 3 healthy cats to consider. When
I took in Miss Pua, she had ringworm and all three got it. It's been 4.5
months now and I'm still battling it. What if Chester has something worse?
Calling was the best thing for me to do. I'm still waiting for them to
show, but I saw the police drive by slowly, so they'll come soon, I'm sure.

kili

Old December 15th 05, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-12-15, kilikini penned:
I had to do it. The neighbor's cat is just shudderingly gross.
They said they would send out the proper authorities to investigate.
I feel guilty because the neighbors are gonna *know* it's me who
called and we're already not on friendly terms, but I had to do it.

I'm glad you called. It doesn't sound like those neighbors are worth
being on good terms with, anyway. Or are you worried that they'll
take it out on you when Chester is (hopefully) taken from them?

That is EXACTLY what I'm worried about, Monique. I'm afraid of retaliation.
They're going to know it's me who called because my husband and I have
confronted them about Chester before. You never know what people are going
to do, especially when they exhibit unscrupulous behavior anyway.

kili