I was horrified

Old May 12th 15, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default I was horrified

"Lesley Madigan" wrote in message
On Saturday, May 9, 2015 at 6:39:57 PM UTC+1, Christina Websell wrote:
she was able to get from another vet for 3.28

One reason I love my vet (Kylie) is they're not hugely expensive- okay not
cheap but since Kylie firmly believes "Prevention is better than cure"- what
I'd call the routine services aren't bad I just booked ours in for their
annuals in July (You HAVE to book that far in advance as she's popular I
take them in together because she even gives 10% discount to do two at the
same time),which will set me back about £70-not bad at all. She even does a
"Welcome package" for new kittens and puppies- exam, blood test for FIV etc,
first shots, flea and worm treatment if needed and microchipping all in for
£60 although of course it would be a rare client who managed to get past her
receptionist without booking more shots and spay/neuter

But I suppose the first thing I like as she's happy to give free advice- a
few months back I thought (and still do) that Spirit's right elbow joint
looks a little odd like it's not quite straight and sometimes when she gets
up after sleeping her gait looks slightly odd on that side but once she gets
up to her normal speed (200 mph) she runs just fine and it doesn't hurt her,
I can touch it and it's not swollen or hot. So when I was making the
appointment I mentioned it to Kylie who said she hadn't noticed anything and
the likely explanation was Spirit may have partly dislocated her elbow at
birth but because newborn kittens don't move much it would have healed
before she got mobile but if it isn't hurting her or stopping her running
and she's not off her food (That's pretty unlikely Spirit eats anything-
literally- Dave had a pork pie for lunch today and dropped some pastry into
the ashtray then had to stop her picking it out!) then Kylie made a note to
have a look when I bring them in but not to bother otherwise unless
something changed

I know a few vet practices that would have immediately booked her in for
X-ray etc
__

Lesley, it's not a problem that my vets are expensive, I expect that for the
365/12 service, but I am ticked off if they charged Nelly's mum 56 pounds
for 5 valium tabs. And if they did take advantage of her, despite I've used
that vet for many years, I'll be thinking of going elsewhere.
I will not use a vet that assesses how much a person loves their pet and
charges accordingly. I think there must have been a mistake, I will raise
the issue of Nelly's valium cost next time I am there. Not because of her,
because I want to know if they are ripping me off too. Lennie's special
sensitive tummy food cost 3 pounds a tin from the vet, and I've found
similar for 3.50 for 6 tins.

Old May 17th 15, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"William Vetter" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
When I talked to a cockapoo owner in the street yesterday. The dogs name
is Nelly , I've seen her a lot in the street, apparently she has become
epileptic, and my vets wanted to charge her owners more than 56 pounds
for her tablets which she was able to get from another vet for 3.28
I will be talking to them about this.

Is this phenobarbitol?

No, valium.

vslium

Old May 22nd 15, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Vetter

Christina Websell wrote:
When I talked to a cockapoo owner in the street yesterday. The dogs name
is Nelly , I've seen her a lot in the street, apparently she has become
epileptic, and my vets wanted to charge her owners more than 56 pounds for
her tablets which she was able to get from another vet for 3.28
I will be talking to them about this.

Is this phenobarbitol?

No, valium.

vslium

I asked because phenobarbitol is really cheap, a few USD for three
weeks' supply.
Old May 22nd 15, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
When I talked to a cockapoo owner in the street yesterday. The dogs
name is Nelly , I've seen her a lot in the street, apparently she
has become epileptic, and my vets wanted to charge her owners more
than 56 pounds for her tablets which she was able to get from
another vet for 3.28
I will be talking to them about this.

Is this phenobarbitol?

No, valium.

vslium

I asked because phenobarbitol is really cheap, a few USD for three
weeks' supply.

She's in England.

Jill