Crows

Old May 4th 15, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Crows

Koala has always enjoyed watching the birds and the squirrel that come
into my back yard to eat the seeds, bread and peanuts I put out, and
drink from the pan of water I change each day. However, he's usually
content to just watch, unless one of the critters comes too close to the
sliding glass door.

However, this morning he became very agitated. He got vocal, and he
jumped on the glass a few times. There were a few crows coming and
going, and they were what had him excited. I'm not sure whether it's
because they're so big, so shiny and black, or what, but he definitely
showed a lot more interest than usual. After the crows left, he got in
a very playful mood.

Joy
Old May 5th 15, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Mon, 04 May 2015 11:04:15 -0700, Joy wrote:
However, this morning he became very agitated. He got vocal, and he
jumped on the glass a few times. There were a few crows coming and
going, and they were what had him excited. I'm not sure whether it's
because they're so big, so shiny and black, or what, but he definitely
showed a lot more interest than usual. After the crows left, he got in
a very playful mood.

He wants to be like that kitten who befriended a crow.

Since Buster's been so interested in springtime birds lately, I took him
outside briefly today. I don't think he liked it - he became very low and
slinky.
Old May 5th 15, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 5/5/2015 3:24 PM, Takayuki wrote:
On Mon, 04 May 2015 11:04:15 -0700, Joy wrote:
However, this morning he became very agitated. He got vocal, and he
jumped on the glass a few times. There were a few crows coming and
going, and they were what had him excited. I'm not sure whether it's
because they're so big, so shiny and black, or what, but he definitely
showed a lot more interest than usual. After the crows left, he got in
a very playful mood.

He wants to be like that kitten who befriended a crow.

Maybe he even wants a ride. ;-)

Since Buster's been so interested in springtime birds lately, I took him
outside briefly today. I don't think he liked it - he became very low and
slinky.

Koala seems to have had enough of being outside. When I got him they
told me he was "still a little bit feral", and wasn't used to people.
He spent his first three weeks in my house under the bed, except for
eating, drinking and using the litter box. I'm amazed at how far he's
come. However, he shows no interest in going outside. He never goes
near the front door or the door into the garage when I go in or out. I
open the sliding glass door when I go to get the birdseed, and he goes
to it to watch, but he always backs off when I come in with the seed and
open the screen. I suspect he had some pretty unpleasant experiences
before he was taken to the shelter.

Joy
Old May 6th 15, 12:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane[_3_]

On Tuesday, May 5, 2015 at 6:42:09 PM UTC-4, Joy wrote:

Koala seems to have had enough of being outside. When I got him they
told me he was "still a little bit feral", and wasn't used to people.
He spent his first three weeks in my house under the bed, except for
eating, drinking and using the litter box. I'm amazed at how far he's
come. However, he shows no interest in going outside. He never goes
near the front door or the door into the garage when I go in or out. I
open the sliding glass door when I go to get the birdseed, and he goes
to it to watch, but he always backs off when I come in with the seed and
open the screen. I suspect he had some pretty unpleasant experiences
before he was taken to the shelter.

Joy

My last cat, Fin, was like that. HATED the outside. The vet said, 'He's been out there. He KNOWS what's out there, and he wants nothing to do with it!'
Fin was a 'tossed' cat, thrown out as soon as he wasn't a cute kitten anymore.
There is a special place in Hell for people who do that.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

Old May 6th 15, 01:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Vetter

Joy wrote:
Koala has always enjoyed watching the birds and the squirrel that come into
my back yard to eat the seeds, bread and peanuts I put out, and drink from
the pan of water I change each day. However, he's usually content to just
watch, unless one of the critters comes too close to the sliding glass door.

However, this morning he became very agitated. He got vocal, and he jumped
on the glass a few times. There were a few crows coming and going, and they
were what had him excited. I'm not sure whether it's because they're so big,
so shiny and black, or what, but he definitely showed a lot more interest
than usual. After the crows left, he got in a very playful mood.

Joy

Some of them don't like crows. Crows are noisy. They have formidable
beaks. Crows harrass them in groups. They will want back inside when
they hear crows.
Old May 6th 15, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 5/6/2015 5:38 AM, William Vetter wrote:
Joy wrote:
[...]

There is a squirrel that often comes into my back yard to get the
peanuts I put out. If a crow comes into the yard and he thinks it's too
close, he'll chase the crow, and it flies away. One day, though, the
squirrel was out there and four crows arrived. He chased one of them,
and it flew away a short distance, then came back. Then the four crows
lined up in a row and started walking toward him. At that point, the
squirrel decided he needed to be someplace else.

Joy
Old May 6th 15, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 5/6/2015 4:47 AM, Jane wrote:
[...]

I agree.

--