Stupid, Stupid, Stupid People! (long)

Old June 14th 04, 01:29 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Not likely - being 1988 and all.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

"Duke of URL" wrote in message
"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
news:EV1zc.27313$eu.15280@attbi_s02...

Not even six months later, Mom gets a phone call from the EXACT same VA
Hospital, the VERY same department/wing where he was when he passed on,

remind my father to set up his bi-annual heart checkup.

Most of the "reminder calls" I get from the VAMCs are computer-originated
and use computer-generated synthetic voices. Perhaps that's what happened.
--
The One-and-only Holy MosesT

Old June 14th 04, 01:44 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old June 14th 04, 01:44 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old June 14th 04, 01:44 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old June 14th 04, 01:59 AM
Mary

But unless I get
another stupid correspondence from them, I won't act on it. If, however,
for some reason going forward they think I still need reminding about caring
for my dog they'll be hearing from me.

They give our names and addresses to a service that sends out yearly reminders
for shots and visits. I guess they also give it out to drug and food companies.
I get lots of stuff addressed to my cats Boots who's been dead 1.5 years. I
also get it for all the many fosters I've had. With the new mandatory privacy
policy they must tell you ahead of time what htey will do with your
information. If you don't want them to give it out, you just check a box or
call a number and they take it off. That's the law, at least here in
California, USA. I am not that fond of being reminded of Boots passing every
time I get a notice but at least it's not as bad as it used to be. I really
balled my head off when the vet who put him to sleep sent me a card and all the
vet techs signed it.

Old June 14th 04, 04:23 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Takayuki wrote:

Sampson must have been a wonderful dog for you to have cared for and
about him so much.

It might help to think of it as what they call an "integration", or
"data cleanliness" problem. Nobody maintains mailing lists well.

You've got that right! Everytime I buy something from Lane Bryant's
catalog, they must add me to their list again! (Lately I've been
getting at least one a day.)