Adopted stray has fishhead breath

Old September 21st 03, 12:54 AM
Jeff Smithpeters

Default Adopted stray has fishhead breath

I've had him wormed, de-fleaed, washed. He's gotten his leuk test
(negative) and his leuk and rabies shot. He's a hell of a sport about
all this, too. He seems grateful to be taken in by someone and to be safe.

But the poor fellah has fishhead breath. He does have a bottom incisor
missing. Could an infection have set up in there? I'm not so much
worried about the smell as about his health.

What would account for fishhead breath in a cat judged to be about four
years old and who is now intestinal parasite free?

Old September 21st 03, 04:59 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:54:34 -0500, Jeff Smithpeters
wrote:

I've had him wormed, de-fleaed, washed. He's gotten his leuk test
(negative) and his leuk and rabies shot. He's a hell of a sport about
all this, too. He seems grateful to be taken in by someone and to be safe.

But the poor fellah has fishhead breath. He does have a bottom incisor
missing. Could an infection have set up in there? I'm not so much
worried about the smell as about his health.

What would account for fishhead breath in a cat judged to be about four
years old and who is now intestinal parasite free?

When my Siamese (RB) developed bad breath, the Vet found two
teeth that had decay at gumline (she was about 14). He removed the
teeth and she was her sweet old self again. MLB