Seeking Hospice/Foster Care For Aging Cat

Old March 25th 04, 10:41 PM
S.L. Althaus

Default Seeking Hospice/Foster Care For Aging Cat

HELP! I have called every source (spca/animal welfare groups/pet
shops) imaginable trying to find a home for my 18 year old cat Willi.
We are moving into a house that just is not set up for his regular
incontenance near the scratch box and hair balls. The ole boy is
still in pretty good shape considering his hyperthyroid condition
(controlled by a pill a day) and upset stomach (Pepcid twice a day).
He loves to eat, drink and sleep. And he loves to sleep on top of me.
I will pay for his food and vet bills. I just want a good home for
his last year(s). We live in Richmond, VA. Anyone have any
suggestions?
Old March 25th 04, 11:01 PM
Karen

Hello???? YOu are going to give away your EIGHTEEN YEAR OLD CAT???? Now,
this really is sad. Just plain sad. Throw him away because he is old and
doesn't "fit in". Sad. Sad. Sad.

om...

Old March 25th 04, 11:02 PM
Mary

We are moving into a house that just is not set up for his regular
incontenance near the scratch box and hair balls

There are alternatives. You could get him a big cage with his litter box, food,
water, bed in there You could then take him out to hangout and nap say an hour
after each meal so he won't pee in the house. You could also give him hairball
medication. I doubt you'll find anyone who will take care of your old cat for
you. Your cat would also be happiest with you. You owe it to your cat to make
his last days happy.

Old March 25th 04, 11:55 PM
Mary

"S.L. Althaus" wrote in message
om...
HELP! I have called every source (spca/animal welfare groups/pet
shops) imaginable trying to find a home for my 18 year old cat

Willi.
We are moving into a house that just is not set up for his regular
incontenance near the scratch box and hair balls. The ole boy is
still in pretty good shape

If you plan to get old, you had better watch your *ss. What goes
around comes around, know what I'm saying?

Old March 26th 04, 01:34 AM
Gail

Yes, either a large crate of a room of his own with litter box, water, bed,
and his food. Please don't abandon him now.
Gail