Suggestions for First Aid Kit

Old April 16th 08, 06:11 PM
RudysMom RudysMom is offline
Junior Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ
Default Suggestions for First Aid Kit

Soon we will be relocating to the Phoenix area of Arizona. I want to be prepared in case Rudy (about a 10 lb siamese mix) has an encounter with scorpions. He will be kept indoors, but sometimes the scorpions come inside. Eeewwww... What should I have on hand for emergency care before I can get him to the vet?
I've heard Benedryll works for humans in the event of a scorpion sting, but is it advisable for emergency feline treatment?
Thanks in advance!
Old April 18th 08, 04:33 PM
RudysMom RudysMom is offline
Junior Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopitus View Post

--
RudysMom

I am from s.FLwhere it is hard to believe there are not as many
scorpions as
in Phoenix. I have been stung many times - usually from stepping on
them in
dark areas - and tho it hurts like hell right away, no ill effects
lasting. Why don't
you ask a vet about this. I moved here to CO and there is something
here far
worse than scorpions to worry about for your cat....coyotes that hang
out even
in urban areas like this one, always on the alert for the unfortunate
pet left
outside at night....coyotes seem to hang in groups and attack the same
way.
Continue keeping Rudy indoors.
I plan on checking with a vet when the time comes for us to actually move. I was just planning ahead.

Rudy will be an indoor cat for the duration of his life. Before adopting him I had a wonderful female tortie who lived to the ripe old age of 21 years. I attribute her long life to loads of love, good food and having never ventured outdoors a single day of her life.

If you think of anything else, let me know!

Suggestions, Please! [email protected] Cat anecdotes 12 August 13th 06 11:35 PM
Any suggestions?? Gail Cat health & behaviour 1 September 14th 05 05:49 AM
Suggestions? Yoj Cat anecdotes 27 May 31st 04 08:52 AM
Any suggestions? King Ineptune Cat health & behaviour 8 January 1st 04 12:40 AM