Tee hee...My Honey and Joe Kitty

Old May 4th 04, 05:30 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 04 May 2004 12:27:13 -0400, Takayuki
yodeled:

(Sherry ) wrote:

I agree w/you, Victor......dude sounds like everything our ideals and values
decry. But the Japanese are noted for their courtesy and unflappability (is
there such a word or would the correct term be "poise"?) under
pressure/stress. Those of us from other origins may be noted for other
admirable qualities, but not particularly those.

I agree. And I just bet Tak is the epitome of "unflappability" and poise and
courtesy, judging from her posts!

Hey, you guys are stereotyping me! Besides, I don't think I'm very
poised or unflappable.

Are you stamping your little feet?

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)

Old May 4th 04, 05:37 PM
Takayuki

Kreisleriana wrote:

On Mon, 03 May 2004 22:27:58 -0400, Takayuki
yodeled:

I remember the first time we met, I introduced myself to him, and he
looked me up and down and said, "Even though you are not white, your
race's economic goals are similar to ours." Of course, I realized
right away that his thinking was very different from mine, so I picked
his brain every day over lunch after that. I'm always eager to learn
a new point-of-view. He told me that the Japanese have a good model
for a conservative single-race country, and that it would be a good
idea for the United States to adopt policies along those lines.

Holy crap, you *ARE* tolerant. I would have said to him, "But my race
is very violent," and smacked him upside the head with anything
available.

LOL! It is true that my beliefs were basically the opposite of his,
but if people with different beliefs can't be friendly, then men
wouldn't be able to get along with women, Muslims wouldn't be able to
get along with Jews, Catholics wouldn't be able to get along with
Protestants... Oh wait, maybe they can't get along.

Anyway, I think the truth was that he was an isolated person, because
his beliefs were outside the mainstream. I could associate with him
safely because nobody could say that I am a white supremacist. It
probably helped for him to be able to talk things out.

Old May 4th 04, 05:57 PM
TBird

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Mon, 03 May 2004 22:27:58 -0400, Takayuki
yodeled:

(snip)

Regarding the white supremacist, I've actually lost touch with him -
I'll have to try and look him up! We used to have lunch often, and
yes, we discussed race relations a lot, but no, it was never even
slightly strained or uncivil. I mean, that's how he defined himself -
he was Republican and a white supremacist. You can't avoid it because
he can hardly make a sentence without including those two very
important facts. Still, he was very bright and well read, so could
support his views very well.

You can't support those views well. You can only fool yourself and
others that you are supporting them very well.

I remember the first time we met, I introduced myself to him, and he
looked me up and down and said, "Even though you are not white, your
race's economic goals are similar to ours." Of course, I realized
right away that his thinking was very different from mine, so I picked
his brain every day over lunch after that. I'm always eager to learn
a new point-of-view. He told me that the Japanese have a good model
for a conservative single-race country, and that it would be a good
idea for the United States to adopt policies along those lines.

Holy crap, you *ARE* tolerant. I would have said to him, "But my race
is very violent," and smacked him upside the head with anything
available.

ROTFLMAO and scaring the cats....

Oh dang that was funny.

TBird ----- pascifist in theoretical agreement ;-)

Old May 4th 04, 09:11 PM
Hopitus2

Tak, dude (and you *are* a dude, for the uninformed), the Hopitus insists
you *must* be the epitome of Japanese social skills (poise, courtesy, and
more) to have even interacted with that boorish, arrogant, obnoxious "white
supremacist"'s initial remarks to your unintroduced self @ your very first
meeting w/him. He, OTOH, verified the complete stereotype of "white
supremacists" and would probably be happy and gratified to do so.
By the way, the only stereotype of Japanese I roll my eyes @ is that tv
cooking show, "Iron Chef", of which Yowie is so fond. Do you ever watch it?
If so, I bet you'd probably be ROFL
@ the translations given of what the "judges" are remarking re the final
contestant dishes they're sampling onscreen. I don't speak a word of
Japanese except "arigato" and it looks contrived and phony to me, just by
their expressions. Sure learned a lot about Japanese delicacies during the
cooking (extreme closeups) processes.

"Takayuki" wrote in message
: