ARCHER!!!!

Old December 15th 07, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default ARCHER!!!!

That kitten is going to be the death of me (or him) yet! He is SUCH a KLUTZ
and he is into everything. This morning I was in my office, which is off
the garage on the other side from the main house, reading the group and
petting Ozzy who was laying in my lap. All of sudden we heard a HUGE CRASH.
I jumped three inches and Ozzy left tread marks down my legs trying to get
out of the way of the house falling down around us (or so it seemed from the
sound). I saw an orange streak out of the corner of my eye - Archer running
like all the demons in h*ll were on his tail.

I ran to the door to see what damage he had done this time. It seems he had
decided to climb the metal ladder we have leaning against a wall in the
garage. The ladder was lying on the floor and I can only assume Archer
leaped away in time to prevent it from crushing him. I have NO idea how he
managed to move such a heavy object out and away from the wall on which it
was leaning - it was at a 30 degree angle so he had to push away from the
wall really hard (I had a hard time lifting it back up again!). The ladder
is not leaning against the wall in a safer, sideways position. Archer is
running around, unfazed with his close encounter with death, and Ozzy and I
are still shaking!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 15th 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

^^^^ now, of course - amazing how one little typo can completely change
the meaning of a sentence.

Old December 15th 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl P.[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
That kitten is going to be the death of me (or him) yet! He is SUCH a KLUTZ
and he is into everything. snip

And I thought Sam (who doesn't have the excuse of being a kitten; he
must be around 2 years old) was bad!

He's always knocking stuff over. This morning, it was the top shelf in
the back porch - this is on three brackets with a kind of lip to stop
the shelf from slipping, and survived about 15 years with Mandy and
Betsy - and I thought Mandy was very active and into things in her young
days.

The shelf was knocked off the brackets, and an assortment of heavy,
rarely-used objects such as an axe, a saw, and some flowerpots were
scattered over the washer, dryer, hot water heater and floor. Sam was
leaving the area as I arrived, looking a bit skittish and no wonder!
He's now sleeping peacefully like a total innocent. I wonder how many of
his 9 lives he used up in the year or so before he moved in here,
considering how things here seem to collapse under his paws?

Cheryl
Old December 15th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 15 Dec, 07:01, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote:

OMG! I can only imagine that sound of that crash!! It always amazes me how
our fur babies can escape w/out a scratch on them, and a look on their faces
as if they were no where near said crash!!

Redunzel is always falling off things when she was a kitten she had
this habit of climbing on top of the bookcase in the bedroom (still a
favourite for both of them, Sarsi's asleep up there now) and when she
saw a Hoomin she would roll about, yowling to demand skritchies and
many's the time, she would be so determined to reach the Hoomin hand
(it goes without saying this is a tall bookcase and standing on tiptoe
I could just reach her chin) she would roll over and straight off. She
once dragged an old pillow to the base of the bookcase and we thought
"how cute, she's making herself a little bed" but after a week or so
we concluded she'd done it so she would have a soft landing

Well recently we had cupboards fitted in the kitchen and of course,
being a high place (and near the window so she could get some Sun as
well- how nice of us to have fitted this extra amenity for her!) it is
instantly attractive to a cat whose favourite vantage point in the
living room is the top of the door! (through thankfully she hasn't
tried sleeping on it!)

So now we have an added danger in the kitchen- never mind sharp
knives, boilinhg water etc. We have a dive bombing cat! Worse of all,
if she's in the corner of one of the cupboard tops, she can't be seen
so there I am making a cup of coffee and THUMP!!!! Redunzel plummets
past me! Or on one occasion landed on my head!

We just have to hope she gets bored of it and wear crash helmets in
the kitchen until she does

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old December 15th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when CatNipped wrote:
That kitten is going to be the death of me (or him) yet!

He's just practicing his rendition of the Night Before Christmas:

"When in the garage, there arose such a clatter that Ozzy left treadmarks
on poor old sweet Mater..."

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old December 15th 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 15 Dec, 10:47, Mark Edwards wrote:

He's just practicing his rendition of the Night Before Christmas:

"When in the garage, there arose such a clatter that Ozzy left treadmarks
on poor old sweet Mater..."

For that, Mark, you have to come up with the full version of Night
Before Christmas as sung by Ozzy

Old December 15th 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

CatNipped wrote:

[...]

Neither of my girls are kittens any longer, but they had a
real attack of the "zoomies" a couple of nights ago. First
they knocked over the floor lamp in my living room
(fortunately it missed the computer monitor, and all the
lightbulbs remained intact and functional). Next I heard a
"crash!" from the bedroom and when I investigated found my
desk lamp on the floor. It's the kind that has various
nooks and crannies for pencils, etc. so all that stuff was
scattered on the floor, wall-to-wall. I love my cats, but
there are times......
Old December 15th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
No cluons were harmed when CatNipped wrote:
That kitten is going to be the death of me (or him) yet!

He's just practicing his rendition of the Night Before Christmas:

"When in the garage, there arose such a clatter that Ozzy left treadmarks
on poor old sweet Mater..."

ROTFLMAOWTIME! A-yup! ;

Oh my, I needed that laugh!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old December 15th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:

OMG! I can only imagine that sound of that crash!! It always amazes me
how our fur babies can escape w/out a scratch on them, and a look on
their faces as if they were no where near said crash!!

I call that their "Who? Me?" expression!
Old December 15th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 15 Dec, 10:57, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
Next I heard a
"crash!" from the bedroom and when I investigated found my
desk lamp on the floor.

Sarsi's speciality is the radio clock in the bedroom- if the
manufacturers wanted a testimony as it it's durability I could provide
one! "Been knocked over more times than I care to mention and still
works perfectly"