kittens

Old October 3rd 10, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

Default kittens

Hi all,

I got a 'surprise' this morning when I went outside - a box with 4
kittens in it. They are about 10 days old, and they were very cold. I
thought that one had died. I immediately brought them inside and warmed
them up - the little one revived with warmth, then fed them. They are
now sleeping (finally!) Things are a bit touch and go still. It is
interesting feeding 4 - thank goodness my husband has become an expert
kitten feeder, so he feeds 1 while I feed another. They are quite
squeeky babies, and seem to take a long time to quiet after feeding.
Usually, feeding them and taking care of the other end makes them happy
and then they sleep. Sigh. I need to get them stabilized before monday,
as I cannot take them to work with me, and they need to be able to go
for 8 1/2 hours between the morning feed and afternoon one.

I need some sanity - anyone have extra?

Mishi
Old October 3rd 10, 04:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Mishi wrote:
[...]

And a poor mama cat is hunting her babies. Purrs being sent that all
will go well and the little ones will thrive. Can you call on a friend
or neighbor to help you? Best wishes. MLB
Old October 3rd 10, 04:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_7_]

Mishi wrote:
[...]

Amen to what MLB said and shame on those who put the kitties on your porch.
That makes me so mad.
Poor little kittens and poor Mama Cat and bless your kind heart for taking
them in and taking care of them.
I cannot for the life of me figure out how some so called 'humans' can be
so cruel.
Like I said, shame on them.
Maybe there is a new mama cat who is nursing hers and can nurse these?
Just an idea.
Love, purrs and prayers lovingly sent that all will turn out well . And for
your sanity.
Kyla

Old October 3rd 10, 07:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Mishi wrote:

[...]

Oh my goodness - that's a lot to dump on you! I guess you have a rep in
your neighborhood that you will take in and care for any cats left in
your general vicinity - and it sounds like that's true. I hope they're
able to go 8 1/2 hours by Monday, but if not, could you take a day or
two off? Don't know if you get paid time off or not, but if you can
swing it, it would buy you some extra time.

Poor babies! They're probably in the best hands possible given the
circumstances, but it's unfortunate that they're not with their mom.

Joyce

--
The sun rose slowly, like a fiery furball coughed up uneasily onto a
sky-blue carpet by a giant unseen cat. -- Michael McGarel
Old October 3rd 10, 12:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Mishi wrote:
[...]

Purrs for the kittens, sorry I can't help with the sanity, none of that
here.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old October 3rd 10, 12:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Kelly Greene wrote:
"Mishi" wrote in message
[...]

Make sure you help them eliminate by using a warm damp cloth or cotton
ball.

No, you must use your tongue like the mother cat does. ;-)

Old October 3rd 10, 02:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

Mishi wrote in -
september.org:

[...]

Is there a cat in the neighbourhood, or at the shelter, who just had
kittens and could take one or two? They'll often accept other kittens.
I've even seen mama dogs accept kittens.

Bobble
Old October 3rd 10, 05:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

On this group you ask the sanity question? Anyway lots of luck with the
kittens. We all know what a job you have ahead of you.

Old October 3rd 10, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Kelly Greene wrote:
"Mishi" wrote in message
[...]

I think that's what she meant by "taking care of the other end" ;-)
Old October 4th 10, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Adrian wrote:
Kelly Greene wrote:
"Mishi" wrote in message
[...]

That reminded me of when my eldest granddaughter was ten years old. She
was watching Princess lick herself and wondered why. I explained the
procedure and before I knew out she was licking Princess ----then
picking fur off her tongue! MLB

Kittens Inc in Dallas has wonderful cats/kittens for adoption Chris[_3_] Cat rescue 1 September 8th 07 11:27 PM
KITTENS ClicketySplit Cats - misc 0 July 28th 06 08:35 AM
KITTENS ClicketySplit Cat community 0 July 24th 06 03:01 AM
KITTENS ClicketySplit Cat community 0 July 24th 06 02:47 AM
kittens getting to VCA Wendy Cat rescue 2 July 16th 04 09:23 PM