I wonder how Lyn would handle this!

Old March 17th 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default I wonder how Lyn would handle this!

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

how good the hiding place. Per hiding places: it would
have to be a really, really good one, like a safe drilled
with air holes. :O\

I don't know of a 1 or 2 year old that would stay without the Mother
there. Even older kids would be reluctant to do so.

Yeah, I am handicapped here having no kids.

In all seriousness, I do not think good would come of everyone
having a handgun.

Especially not in a house with kids.

Hell no, we see the results of that in the news on a regular basis.

Wayyy too many stupid people out there. Not to mention that
it has always been true that most handgun homicides involve
people who know one another who have gotten in to conflicts.

I suspect the woman in this story knew the perp - most situations like
this are jilted lovers or aquaintences coming for revenge. We just
don't have all of the story yet. Probably just another "big bad black
guy" from the media...and so predictanle being posted by racist, sexist
asshole Nomen.

And, BTW, I don't think this is the same Nomen as before. It wouldn't
have taken him this long to show his true colors.

I know it is. I can tell by his language. He's just going through something
now. Maybe the guns-'n-women v men thing is the only thing that does
it for him these days. *shaking my head*

I know we have a man in the White House. I can tell by how BIG
the deficit has grown, and by all the room for the EXPANSION
of it Bush and his cronies allowed for today. Jesus.

Old March 17th 06, 06:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote:

if I had a pot of hot grease on hand, but that is a bit much to hope

for.)

Worked in Straw Dogs.

I did not see that ... unless I saw it high and do not remember! (Not that
this has happened ...)

Old March 17th 06, 06:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

cybercat wrote:
I know we have a man in the White House. I can tell by how BIG
the deficit has grown, and by all the room for the EXPANSION
of it Bush and his cronies allowed for today. Jesus.

2.8 trillion. I can barely get the words out. When will someone stop
this madness?
-L.

Old March 17th 06, 06:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

cybercat wrote:
I know we have a man in the White House. I can tell by how BIG
the deficit has grown, and by all the room for the EXPANSION
of it Bush and his cronies allowed for today. Jesus.

2.8 trillion. I can barely get the words out. When will someone stop
this madness?
-L.

Let's not go there today Please. No matter what president is in office
democrat, republican, liberal or right wing something will make that
president stand out no matter what good or bad. It never fails one minute
they are loved the next minute they are the hated. NO POLITICS you can't
argue something that no one can be right at.

3 things never to argue about both sides are always right no matter what
Politics, Religion, Sex

Old March 17th 06, 06:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:

Let's not go there today Please. No matter what president is in office
democrat, republican, liberal or right wing something will make that
president stand out no matter what good or bad. It never fails one minute
they are loved the next minute they are the hated.

In this case they have always been hated...by me and everyone I know,
at least.

-L.

Old March 17th 06, 10:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"cybercat" wrote in message I know we have a man in
the White House. I can tell by how BIG
the deficit has grown

yes honey, but look how much we saved

Old March 17th 06, 10:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )"
3 things never to argue about both sides are always right no matter what
Politics, Religion, Sex

sex?

i thought everybody agreed about sex

Old March 17th 06, 12:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 03:10:12 GMT, "Miami Jones"
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii@iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. com wrote:

there was a movie about this.
only thing, the intruder cut the wires and
trapped them in the "Panic Room"

pot of hot grease, I can see you keeping the fry daddy hot just for such an
occasion..."ill deep fry your ass muffu"

just kidding!

--

people who break in during the day figure no one is home, but in this case,
woman and child, he knew they was there.

It sounds like he wanted to rape the woman. Obviously she came out
ahead by having a gun ready.

Unfortunately, you can't extrapolate too far from that situation.
What about the jittery carjacker, the guy who just robbed a store...
by the time you know there's a problem, the shot has already been
fired.

Nomen might tell us his superior acumen and reflexes will overcome any
such situations, but I won't believe it. I've had a bit of experience
with this, just enough to make me a skeptic about the usefulness of
guns vis a vis personal security.

Charlie

however and Especially at night. they know people are home and are ready to
hurt the owner.

i have often figured I would shoot their kneecaps off, bind them, rob them,
then call the police. (im an oppurtunist)

I have heard of cases where the robber sued the owner for personal injury
AND WON

I would also not wait for them to get past the threshold, (if i heard them
trying to force a door) I would open the door, draw a bead on them, compell
them to come in the house, ("naw naw naw! come on in...I said get to
stepping") mak'em CLEAN my house, WASH my clothes, BATHE my cats, CLEAN the
litter box, CHANGE the oil in my vehicle, and shine my shoes. When it's all
said and done, I'd bust a cap in their ass, bind them, gag them, rob them,
then call the police, and rescue. "Hurry! I just shot an intruder! I was
taking a nap and they was standing over me!"

police will tell me... "wow, you sure keep a nice place Miami"... I'll wink
and say, "Thank you officer, a mans home is his castle".

i'll probably slap the intruder in the back of the head as they bring him
past me, they'll have to restrain me...

Old March 17th 06, 12:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

in message newsMpSf.8699$Jz4.4547@trnddc08...
there was a movie about this.
only thing, the intruder cut the wires and
trapped them in the "Panic Room"

You know, I was thinking of that very movie as I
posted, and I was thinking, this would be better than
a hiding place for the kids.

I was also thinking that they say if you know someone
is coming to get YOU, you should put your kids in
another room. But I would want to be there to try
to keep the bad guy from them--I don't think many
mothers could put the kids in another room no matter
how good the hiding place. Per hiding places: it would
have to be a really, really good one, like a safe drilled
with air holes. :O\

I think there's room to allow the advantages of having recourse to
arms in one's home.

Charlie

Old March 17th 06, 12:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 06:53:16 GMT, "Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL
\)" 10 points a troll @linethetrollsup.com wrote:

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

cybercat wrote:
I know we have a man in the White House. I can tell by how BIG
the deficit has grown, and by all the room for the EXPANSION
of it Bush and his cronies allowed for today. Jesus.

2.8 trillion. I can barely get the words out. When will someone stop
this madness?
-L.

Let's not go there today Please. No matter what president is in office
democrat, republican, liberal or right wing something will make that
president stand out no matter what good or bad. It never fails one minute
they are loved the next minute they are the hated. NO POLITICS you can't
argue something that no one can be right at.

3 things never to argue about both sides are always right no matter what
Politics, Religion, Sex

Bah. Who cares if no one is right? It's fun to discuss politics.

Here is some of my political commentary:

http://www.geocities.com/wilkes_charlie/agitprop.htm

Charlie