One week to go......

Old January 25th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Default One week to go......

One week from today I will take my State Board Exam for the RVT.

I'm trying to study, but the cats keep getting in the way.

A few minutes ago, I was reviewing horse anatomy and common diseases
when Mischief walks across my desk and sprawls across my notes.

Me: "MISCHIEF!!"

(she rolls on her side, starts kneading the desk, and looks up at me
with those green eyes)

Mischief: "But aren't I beeeauuuutiful??"

Me: "Ok, fine, but just for a little bit"

I petted her and scritched her chin, but then she started drooling on
my notes.

Me: "Ok, that's IT, off you go. Come on now, lets go, OFF"

(Mischief reluctantly gets up and jumps onto my computer monitor with
her tail hanging over the monitor)

She's still there as I'm trying to type this with her tail in the way.

*sigh*

And yesterday, Mayhem jumped onto the desk too and I had her sitting on
my notes while Mischief was sitting on my monitor.

How am I supposed to study like this? Hmph!

little buggers.......

Kristi

Old January 25th 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
McZ19

On Jan 25, 3:12 pm, "Mischief" wrote:
One week from today I will take my State Board Exam for the RVT.
(Mischief reluctantly gets up and jumps onto my computer monitor with
her tail hanging over the monitor)

Best of luck on your exam, but, as an aside, I'd be very cautious about
letting your kitty spend time on top of your monitor. Before I got an
LCD monitor several years ago, my Cindy used to spend hours draped
over my monitor (usually with a paw or a tail strategically placed to
annoy me!) She was on tapazole at the time and seemed to be having a
bad reaction; her skin ulcerated on her elbows and the points of her
hocks, leaving a bloody mess wherever she sat. It was horrible. Once
I got rid of my CRT and she couldn't sit there anymore, her skin
problems cleared up very quickly. She's also been anemic for years and
her marrow now has pretty much shut down. I attribute a lot of her
health problems to that time spent sitting on the monitor; that
radiation ain't good fer ya!

McZ, slave to Bonnie and Cindy, the Russian Blue wannabes

Old January 25th 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Mischief" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Maybe you are supposed to do a review of anatomy before your test. Place
cat on lap and identify parts while scritching the general area.

Now pretend its a horse. Or a dog. Or whatever.

Jo

Old January 25th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Kristi how dare you spread paperwork across your deskand not expect our
masters to want their attention at that moment ;-)

PS Good luck I will ask a favor from the gods to pass on some of good luck
to you

ups.com...

Old January 25th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Mischief wrote:
[...]

Purrs for your exam. Mischief is only trying to help. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old January 25th 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Very true, maybe she wanted me to study CAT anatomy instead.

She's asleep in my lounge chair, so i'm taking advantage of the time,
until she feels needy again.

Kristi

Old January 25th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Dang it, i spoke too soon

Now Mayhem is on my desjk; abnd nudging my hands as I type. ;;b;h t

I'm TRYING TO STUDY YOU LITTLE BUGGERS!!!!!

Now get off my jbo;aio;; book!

*sigh*

Kristi

vgchjjjjjjm

tthat was Myahem walking on the keyboard

khlllj

Old January 26th 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"McZ19" wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

It could have been the combination of the tapazole and the heat from the
monitor. I've had several cats who spent a lot of time on top of my monitor
without any adverse reactions.

Joy

Old January 26th 07, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Mischief" wrote in message
ups.com...
Very true, maybe she wanted me to study CAT anatomy instead.

She's asleep in my lounge chair, so i'm taking advantage of the time,
until she feels needy again.

Kristi

Of course! She's just reminding you what is *really* important. ;-)

Best wishes for your test. I'll bet you ace it.

Joy

Old January 26th 07, 04:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Mischief wrote:
And yesterday, Mayhem jumped onto the desk too and I had her sitting on
my notes while Mischief was sitting on my monitor.

How am I supposed to study like this? Hmph!

little buggers.......

Hehehe. Good luck! We'll be purring for your exam.

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki