The Wall (OT)

Old May 15th 12, 02:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default The Wall (OT)

"Yowie" wrote in message
On 14/05/2012 9:41 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
"Nadia wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
Has now been mentioned. It didn't go down a bundle.

Good luck with the wall. Hopefully your nasty neighbours will be smart
about it and you won't have to go to court over it.

I hope not to have to take it that far, but I will if I have to. I will
point out to them that they cannot win and will end up paying my costs.
The
wall will have to have the part that is into my garden, demolished.

If you're on good terms with the other neighbour that has the wall over
their property, I'd be tempted to have a word with them about it, too. It
might be easier if you go in together, and the wall can be removed in one
action rather than two, IYSWIM.

Good luck, although I know you won't need it, since the law is squarely on
your side with this one.

I am on good terms with other neighbour, he bought the house next door with
the long garden like mine, shortened the plot, and sold house and small plot
for renovation.
The difficulty is that on his remaining plot there is a huge tree that has
spilt in half, half of it has fallen on to his own land and the other half
has fallen over my garden and is only being held up by one of my small trees
that cannot take the weight for much longer and it is bending and might
snap.
I have asked him twice to do something about it, and eventually he came
round with someone (tree surgeon?) three weeks ago.
Nothing has yet been done. If my tree gives way from holding this huge one
up (which it will) and I happen to be going down to the chickens at the same
time, I will be history.
So it is a possibility that we will fall out about that, and if we do, he is
unlikely to support me about the wall.
Why do so many things happen to me?
I just want a quiet life and cannot seem to have one.
Tweed

Old May 15th 12, 12:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

my grandmother used to say that the devil doesn't plague you if he already
has you, so i infer from this that you are a decent and good person, which
doesn't help much when crap is hitting you at such a rapid rate, Lee

Old May 16th 12, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Dangerous tree is now sorted - a man with a chain saw came yesterday, so I
am still on good terms with that neighbour!
Grandmothers say very wise things. My own grandmother, when I asked her
when I was about 6 where I was during the war, she said "you were a seed in
God's garden.." I was happy with that explanation.
Tweed

Old May 16th 12, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:
Dangerous tree is now sorted - a man with a chain saw came yesterday, so I
am still on good terms with that neighbour!
Grandmothers say very wise things. My own grandmother, when I asked her
when I was about 6 where I was during the war, she said "you were a seed in
God's garden.." I was happy with that explanation.
Tweed

I hope that means you've now got plenty of logs for your wood burning stove
for next winter.
--
Adrian
Old May 16th 12, 10:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
Dangerous tree is now sorted - a man with a chain saw came yesterday, so
am still on good terms with that neighbour!
Grandmothers say very wise things. My own grandmother, when I asked her
when I was about 6 where I was during the war, she said "you were a seed
in
God's garden.." I was happy with that explanation.
Tweed

I hope that means you've now got plenty of logs for your wood burning
stove
for next winter.
--
Adrian

They need to dry out for two years, and he didn't cut them all up. Willow is
not brilliant for burning, anyway. I wish.
Tweed

Old May 16th 12, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

both of mine have given very valuable life examples, Lee

ps glad about dangerous tree being gone

Old May 16th 12, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

you could offer to take them and let them dry if he cuts and stacks, whilst
not brilliant, free is good, Lee

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
Dangerous tree is now sorted - a man with a chain saw came yesterday,
so I
am still on good terms with that neighbour!
Grandmothers say very wise things. My own grandmother, when I asked her
when I was about 6 where I was during the war, she said "you were a seed
in
God's garden.." I was happy with that explanation.
Tweed

I hope that means you've now got plenty of logs for your wood burning
stove
for next winter.
--
Adrian

They need to dry out for two years, and he didn't cut them all up. Willow
is not brilliant for burning, anyway. I wish.
Tweed

White Wall to Wall Carpeting and 8 Cats bonbon Cat anecdotes 57 August 5th 07 01:59 PM
He went up the wall Pat Cat anecdotes 10 July 15th 07 04:04 PM
New shadow on the wall badwilson Cat anecdotes 10 November 17th 06 04:03 AM
scratching the wall yepp Cat anecdotes 11 March 21st 06 05:55 AM
I drove my cat up a wall Whiplash Cat health & behaviour 5 March 9th 06 03:49 PM