This is just what Boyfie does

Old October 28th 10, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default This is just what Boyfie does

I laughed when Nüle sent me this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1qHVVbYG8Y

Tweed

Old October 28th 10, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

LOL! I *love* Simon's cartoons - you can really tell that he is actually
owned by at least one master. Sammy used to be our "fly catcher" - she'd
nail them right out of the air (but did not eat them so I was constantly
running into fly carcasses around the house). Now she doesn't seem to have
as much excess energy, but Archer (tried to ) take up the slack. The
problem is he's too klutzy to actually grab one.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old October 28th 10, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 16:41:15 -0500, CatNipped wrote:

LOL! I *love* Simon's cartoons - you can really tell that he is
actually owned by at least one master. Sammy used to be our "fly
catcher" - she'd nail them right out of the air (but did not eat them so
I was constantly running into fly carcasses around the house). Now she
doesn't seem to have as much excess energy, but Archer (tried to ) take
up the slack. The problem is he's too klutzy to actually grab one.

When I was a kid, our family cat would catch and eat snakes. The trouble
was, he would never eat more than about half of the snake, and would
leave the rest on the front porch. So, you had to learn to watch your
step.

--
John F. Eldredge --
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly
Old October 28th 10, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

But it's such a compliment that he wanted to provide food for you poor
clawless creatures! LOL!!

Old October 28th 10, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
But it's such a compliment that he wanted to provide food for you poor
clawless creatures! LOL!!

Boyfie was used to catching collared doves for Kitty Farmcat and until now
he would bring me anything he caught. Like he needed to feed me too.
That's a responsibility. Just now he was eating, in the kitchen, a mowsie
that he caught and didn't tell me about. Hooray!
I pretended I did not see it.

Old October 28th 10, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

I can't believe a mouse would be so foolhardy as to venture into a home
owned by a cat! ; Evolution of the fittest I guess, let's get those dumb
genes out of the gene pool! LOL!

Old October 29th 10, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I can't believe a mouse would be so foolhardy as to venture into a home
owned by a cat! ; Evolution of the fittest I guess, let's get those dumb
genes out of the gene pool! LOL!

The mouse was probably outside where s/he should be. It's a bummer that
they meet Boyfriend who cannot resist catching them when he is out, which is
not often now if it's nicer and warmer inside.
No mice or rats will be harmed during the winter by Boyfriend in case he
gets cold. I'll have to get the terriers in opn Sunday while he snuzzles
under his duvet. "What, me? Rat patrol? Now? No, too cold outside"
Zzzzzz.

Old October 29th 10, 12:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 22:04:11 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1qHVVbYG8Y

I just LOVE Simon Tofield's animated cartoons.

I was even MORE amazed when I learned that Simon does ALL of the 'cat
sounds', and the 'human sounds' for his videos HIMSELF.

He makes absolutely NO money at all from the videos, but he has a book
out now, which probably doesn't even cover the considerable expenses of
making as sophisticated an animated cartoons as he makes.

I have watched cats trying to get at bugs, and it can be hilarious...and
result in a fair amount of destruction.

Kenzie simply ignored bugs, though there are often moths, and some other
flying insects, that get in the house during the summer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

"Life without cats IS only marginally worth living."
-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein

Old October 29th 10, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 17:49:40 -0500, CatNipped wrote:

I can't believe a mouse would be so foolhardy as to venture into a home
owned by a cat! ; Evolution of the fittest I guess, let's get those
dumb genes out of the gene pool! LOL!

It sounds like something out of a science fiction movie, but there is a
parasite, Toxoplasma gondii, that spends part of its life in mice or
rats, and part of its life in cats. It moves up to the mouse's or rat's
brain, and, when it is ready to undergo sexual reproduction (which can
only happen in a cat's intestine), it makes the mouse or rat find the
smell of cat urine attractive, rather than something to avoid.
Scientists aren't sure how this step works. This results in the rodent
being eaten, the Toxoplasma gondii reproduction takes place in the cat's
gut, and then the microbes are excreted, ready to be eaten by another
mouse or rat and repeat the cycle.