Worst cat names ever (and why)

Old July 15th 05, 05:44 PM
Debra

Default Worst cat names ever (and why)

Top of the list has to be Trouble.

I didn't give Trouble her name. Hubby did. Or maybe she gave it to
herself. She certainly earned it. The night we found her it took
about two hours to catch her, one hour to research how to make kitten
formula, another hour to go to a store for ingredients, mix it, and
feed her. Lost four hours of sleep that night. The next morning
Hubby informed me than her name was Trouble and that she already
answered to it. The worst part is that she has lived up to that name
ever since and I think that will continue for the rest of her life.
Trouble is four years old but she has never grown up. She is still a
mean little hard headed kitten. The thing that saves her is that she
still has her kitten face. She's just too cute to get mad at.
Debra in VA
Old July 15th 05, 05:57 PM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:44:29 +0000, Debra wrote:

Top of the list has to be Trouble.

I didn't give Trouble her name. Hubby did. Or maybe she gave it to
herself. She certainly earned it. The night we found her it took about
two hours to catch her, one hour to research how to make kitten formula,
another hour to go to a store for ingredients, mix it, and feed her. Lost
four hours of sleep that night. The next morning Hubby informed me than
her name was Trouble and that she already answered to it. The worst part
is that she has lived up to that name ever since and I think that will
continue for the rest of her life. Trouble is four years old but she has
never grown up. She is still a mean little hard headed kitten. The thing
that saves her is that she still has her kitten face. She's just too cute
to get mad at. Debra in VA

IMHO Names can be self-fulfilling prophesies.

Old July 15th 05, 07:34 PM
Enfilade

Our bitties got names in a similar manner. They were found in a trash
pile at 3 weeks of age. Their names are Kumani and Tyche. Kumani is
an African word for "Destiny" while Tyche is a Greek Goddess of Luck
and Chance.

Therefore, our finding them was either fated (Kumani) or a twist of
luck (Tyche).

--Fil

Old July 15th 05, 07:36 PM
Enfilade

I forgot to add: Smokey is on my list of worst cat names ever on
account of there are SO MANY Smokeys out there.

And we have a Smokey, not because I wanted to call him that, but
because he'd been previously named that by the entire military base
security operations staff who domesticated him and he answered to it by
the time I took him home. TO this day they inquire after Smokey.
He's such a hoser, he couldn't possibly be anything other than Smokey.

(He got that name due to hanging out in the smoking pit. He's had to
quit secondhand smoking since living with me.)

--Fil

Old July 15th 05, 07:51 PM
Norm

Enfilade wrote:

I forgot to add: Smokey is on my list of worst cat names ever on
account of there are SO MANY Smokeys out there.

And we have a Smokey, not because I wanted to call him that, but
because he'd been previously named that by the entire military base
security operations staff who domesticated him and he answered to it by
the time I took him home.

Max. I renamed him but had to revert to Max. Oh well. A great cat.

Lulu. When I adopted her I changed her name immediately to Loos. The
idea of telling *anyone* my cats name was Lulu was unthinkable, heh.

--
"The web has got me caught. I'd rather have the blues than what I've
got." via Nat King Cole
Old July 15th 05, 08:06 PM
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:51:42 -0400, Norm wrote:

Lulu. When I adopted her I changed her name immediately to Loos. The
idea of telling *anyone* my cats name was Lulu was unthinkable, heh.

But it was okay to call her after the public bathroom? :P

One of my aunt's cats was called Scratchy Boy and he lived up to it
well and truly... I loved him and he was a beautiful cat, but he
wasn't very keen on being played with by relatives...

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
Old July 15th 05, 08:26 PM
Norm

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:51:42 -0400, Norm wrote:

Lulu. When I adopted her I changed her name immediately to Loos. The
idea of telling *anyone* my cats name was Lulu was unthinkable, heh.

But it was okay to call her after the public bathroom? :P

Some other continent :- ) Anita.

--
Do not perform these tasks out of order:
1--Put your contacts in
Old July 15th 05, 09:28 PM
Christina Websell

"Debra" wrote in message
Top of the list has to be Trouble.

I didn't give Trouble her name. Hubby did. Or maybe she gave it to
herself. She certainly earned it. The night we found her it took
about two hours to catch her, one hour to research how to make kitten
formula, another hour to go to a store for ingredients, mix it, and
feed her. Lost four hours of sleep that night. The next morning
Hubby informed me than her name was Trouble and that she already
answered to it. The worst part is that she has lived up to that name
ever since and I think that will continue for the rest of her life.
Trouble is four years old but she has never grown up. She is still a
mean little hard headed kitten. The thing that saves her is that she
still has her kitten face. She's just too cute to get mad at.
Debra in VA

Boyfriend would like to put his paw up and offer his name as the worst ever.
Ever!
He was allowed in the garden by my fierce old girl Kitty Farmcat, which is a
fairly sure sign he must be some sort of boyfriend, as she just hates any
other cats in her territory. So he was nicknamed "Boyfriend." When it
became obvious that he was lost and he eventually moved in he stayed
Boyfriend. I tried to rename him Gideon, nope, didn't work at all.

Tweed

Old July 15th 05, 09:37 PM

Christina Websell wrote:
(snipped)
So he was nicknamed "Boyfriend." When it
became obvious that he was lost and he eventually moved in he stayed
Boyfriend. I tried to rename him Gideon, nope, didn't work at all.

Tweed

Oh, I love "Boyfriend" for a name. Your Boyfriend is the first one I've
known of. Gideon is a neat name, too though.

Sherry

Old July 15th 05, 10:16 PM
MaryL

"Debra" wrote in message
Top of the list has to be Trouble.

I didn't give Trouble her name. Hubby did. Or maybe she gave it to
herself. She certainly earned it. The night we found her it took
about two hours to catch her, one hour to research how to make kitten
formula, another hour to go to a store for ingredients, mix it, and
feed her. Lost four hours of sleep that night. The next morning
Hubby informed me than her name was Trouble and that she already
answered to it. The worst part is that she has lived up to that name
ever since and I think that will continue for the rest of her life.
Trouble is four years old but she has never grown up. She is still a
mean little hard headed kitten. The thing that saves her is that she
still has her kitten face. She's just too cute to get mad at.
Debra in VA

Holly's name was Jinx when I adopted her -- Jinx for "bad luck" because she
was a black cat, and her original "owner" intended to "dispose of" her. I
thought she deserved a much more loving name, so she became Holly -- short
for "Holiday cat" because I adopted her the day after Thanksgiving, and
therefore between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. I look at her as
my "good luck" cat, definitely not a cat that should be saddled with a name
like Jinx.

MaryL
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o