[OT] Aaaack - sick all week

Old December 11th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Randy

Default [OT] Aaaack - sick all week

Mark Edwards wrote:
Starting early last weekend, I developed an abscess in one of my upper
incisors. I started getting a little swelling of my face, but paid no
attention to it. I ended up sleeping completely through the weekend,
and having no appetite at all.

Monday morning, I went to the dentist to have them look at the
abscess, and they prescribed Ampicillin for the infection, and Lortabs
for the pain. I may as well have just thrown my money in a furnace.

The Lortabs gave me no relief, but plain old Aspirin did. The
Ampicillin did nothing at all, and when I talked to the dentist they
gave me the line, "Oh sometimes it takes five days. If you want faster
reactions, you need to get a shot from your doctor."

So I went to see the doctor, who looked at my seriously deformed face,
and told me this is a very life-threatening situation, and I'd be damn
lucky not to require hospitalization.

The doctor drained the abscess, opened it a bit to keep it draining,
changed my prescription to Keflex and gave me a hip-shot of some other
antibiotic.

FINALLY! RELIEF! Although it was relatively minor relief at first, I
started feeling alert, and feeling slightly less facial pressure in my
face. I got a second shot on Friday, and I seem to have gotten past
the hump on this nasty infection. I have also had some serious night
sweats a couple of times, where I felt as if someone had poured a
pitcher of water over me...

The cats have been seriously good nurses, to the point of lying right
up against me, and holding the blankets in place (big grin).

The tooth comes out tomorrow, and hopefully this problem with the
abscess will too.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Sounds painfull! Hope the extraction takes care of the problem. Sounds like you
need a new dentist.

Sending purrs.

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

[OT] Venting CatNipped Cat anecdotes 8 June 17th 06 06:54 AM
[OT] Peeved CatNipped Cat anecdotes 9 November 19th 05 10:20 PM
seclusion for sick cat, cruel to be kind? DaniellaY Cat health & behaviour 8 August 15th 04 08:50 PM
New development in Sick CAT Gia Cat health & behaviour 8 January 5th 04 05:24 AM
Help with sick kitty Karen Chuplis Cat health & behaviour 5 August 22nd 03 10:57 PM