Tribute: Poppacat, Howse uf Koster, Abt. 1993 - July 13, 2003

Old October 22nd 03, 02:21 AM
Sherry Laing

Bob-tailed tabby gurl liftz her glass to da memree uv Poppacat To
Poppacat. Da KosterKats an dere meowmie are gonna miss him, but he had a
gudgud life an lotza luv while he wuz wif dem. --Talisker Pippin

Visit the BallardBunch at Bitterroot Manor,
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/1240/

Joan Koster wrote:

*Four tabbies and a tuxedo cat pick up their glasses of nipwine*
8 gentle snip of tribute 8
Please raise a glass uf nip tu ourz Poppa.

Junior, Bitsy, Baby, Cinni an Cookie

[Laura, Ralph, Jabbit, and their party raise their glasses.]
Heerz tu Poppacat -- 'til we meet agin!

Old October 23rd 03, 08:36 AM
Miss Violette

This is a fine tribute, Miss Violette, wiping her eyes
Joan Koster wrote in message
*Four tabbies and a tuxedo cat pick up their glasses of nipwine*

Poppacat was heer wen Meomwie botted our WunTruHowze in 1995. She
alweez felt dat he waz a dumped kitty, an knew wut da IN wuz lyke,
beclawz he wuld sit onna deck longingly lukkin IN. At da tyme, Meowmie
felt dat deyre wuz no moor room inna howze fur catz (deyre were alreddee
four uf uz), so Poppa an Bitsy an Baby liffed onna dek. Dey were hur
beluffed Pile O'Tabbies.

But den, in 1998, Poppa gotted inna Big Fiyte wiff anuffur cat, an
Meowmie brought him IN tu heal hiz wounds. She declared den an deyre
dat he wuld no longer be an OUT cat, an neefur wuld Bitsy or Baby. Poppa
healed onna outside, but we soon fownd owt dat he had a tymebome onna
inside.

Poppa was tested an fownd tu be FIV+. TED Catherine had sed dat he culd
haf a long an happy lyfe, but dat it maybe wuldn't be az long az uffur
catz, an dat eggstra speshyul care wuld be needed tu keep Poppa helfy.
An so he wuz, fur fife long yeers.

In Jooly, Meowmie noticed dat he wuz gettin furry thin, an she took him
to TED, wayre they fownd dat he wuz in full-blown FAIDS. Day fot he had
moor tyme, but he let Meowmie no dat wuz not to be, an he went tu tha
Bridge on July 13.

When Poppa furst cayme IN, he was a fraidycat. Meowmie finks it wuz
beclawz he most liykely had gone furum a safe home to thu OWT wayre he
hadda fiyght fur himself. He would cringe weneffur ennykitty lukked at
him siydeways. But he soon became a firm, tough littul guy, not affraid
tu ask fur hisown share uf smurgles.

He luffed rpcc, and da 'venturez dat he tuk part in. He wuz kwiet but
firm, an luffed tu organize. He wuz owr rock, an we miss him.

--
****Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.****

Koster Katz: http://www.willapabay.org/~seabreez
RPCC Glossary: http://www.willapabay.org/~seabreez/glossary.html

--

The Boulder Pledge: "Under no circumstances will I ever purchase
anything offered to me as the result of an unsolicited email message.