Another use for kitty stroller

Old June 15th 04, 11:55 PM
Margaret Fine

Default Another use for kitty stroller

We found yet another good use for the kitty stroller. Evacuating the
premisis! We had a strong thunder storm roll thru this afternoon and
our building was hit by lightening. I felt and smelled it! The
building's fire alarms started blaring for s few seconds, stopped for
about two minutes and started blaring again and I heard the fire
department pull up outside so we decided to evacuate. Oliver loves his
stroller so much he hopped right in and let me close him up with no
problems. He would not have been so cooperative if it was his carrier.
Unfortunatly it was raining buckets when we left the building so we
all got drenched. The firemen seemed impressed with Oliver's stroller.
They think the lightening strike fried the alarm system but there is no
active fire. Oliver was very calm about the whole thing and even came
out of the privacy compartment to look at the fire trucks and meowed
"hello" at the fire captain

So now we're up to 4 uses for the stroller:

Catmobile
kitty kamper (sleeping area)
purse hanger
Emergency Vehicle

On a side note, I have to say how proud I am of my Lab, Boone. Like all
Labs he loves a party and any time he sees lots of people he thinks it
is a party and gets excited. But during our evacuation he behaved
extremly well, walking calmly beside the stroller in a very stately
manner and ignoring all the people and the other animals. He sat
quietly next to the stroller, ocassionally checking on Oliver thru the
mesh. He acted so proud when the fire captain talked to us and he was
able to show off Oliver and the stroller. Usually he likes people to
say hi to him but he was trying to get the guy to see that he had Oliver
inside the stroller. It cracked me up and made me want to cry at the
same time. He sure loves his cat!

--
Margaret Fine

Old June 16th 04, 12:12 AM
lrulan

Margaret, kudos to your pets for being such fine animals especially in a
crisis. Boone is such a godsend, isn't he? And please give Oliver extra
skritches for being such a good kitty. Glad everything turned out well.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

ink.net...

Old June 16th 04, 12:12 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article et, Margaret
Fine at wrote on 6/15/04 5:55 PM:

[...]

Wow. that is great that it was calm and successful. That is the thing I so
worry about. Three cats. One person. Emergency. Ugh. Ah well. Glad to hear
you are ok.

Karen

Old June 16th 04, 12:57 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:55:51 GMT, Margaret Fine
wrote:

[...]

It sounds like you have special "kids". Purrs that they will all be
healthy and happy and that the lightning stays far away. MLB