"lost" kitten purrs please?

Old November 3rd 03, 08:43 PM
Jette Goldie

Default "lost" kitten purrs please?

Little "Jaylo" the kitten is nowhere to be seen. Her meowmie
called me a short while ago in a panic because she couldn't
find the kitten and was terrified that kitty had gotten into the
washing machine when she filled it earlier. I rushed down
and unpacked the machine - no kitty (thank Bast!) but
after an hour of searching neither of us can find the kitten.
She has to be *somewhere* in the house - but it's an old
house, with hundreds of hiding places for small kittens
that grown women couldn't search. I've managed to calm
my friend down and persuaded her to sit down calmly with
a cup of tea - maybe when there aren't two big humans
tromping about yelling "here kitty!" she'll come out of her
hiding place.

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old November 3rd 03, 10:24 PM
Sherry

Glad Jaylo was found!! Kittens can get in the smallest places.
I lost a fosterkitty once and it waas awful. I noticed that the screen was
torn, and had conjured up this horrible scenario that a neighborhood tom cat
had gotten her. (I had just watched "A Cry in the Dark" and was suffering from
dingo-got-my-baby overactive imagination I guess). I looked everywhere, even
outside, and had gotten to the point I was really looking for a body, not a
live kitty.
Marilyn was curled up asleep under a bookcase the whole time.

Sherry
Old November 3rd 03, 10:49 PM
Jette Goldie

"Sherry " wrote in message
Glad Jaylo was found!! Kittens can get in the smallest places.
I lost a fosterkitty once and it waas awful. I noticed that the screen was
torn, and had conjured up this horrible scenario that a neighborhood tom

cat
had gotten her. (I had just watched "A Cry in the Dark" and was suffering

from
dingo-got-my-baby overactive imagination I guess). I looked everywhere,

even
outside, and had gotten to the point I was really looking for a body, not

live kitty.
Marilyn was curled up asleep under a bookcase the whole time.

Poor Linda was so worried - she had quite convinced herself
that the kitten was IN the washing machine, which had gone
through half a cycle by that time. My main job was to open the
machine and reassure her there was no small limp wet kitten
body among her son's jeans. Which thankfully there was not!
(dunno quite how *I* would have coped with that scenario
either!)

Old November 4th 03, 07:18 PM
Takayuki

"Jette Goldie" wrote:
Poor Linda was so worried - she had quite convinced herself
that the kitten was IN the washing machine, which had gone
through half a cycle by that time. My main job was to open the
machine and reassure her there was no small limp wet kitten
body among her son's jeans. Which thankfully there was not!
(dunno quite how *I* would have coped with that scenario
either!)

What a terrible thought! Unfortunately, it sounds all too possible.
I've heard terrible stories about kittens and dryers, too. At least
refrigerators are relatively safe, if you snack a lot.

Old November 4th 03, 09:07 AM
Jeanette

Sherry wrote in message
Glad Jaylo was found!! Kittens can get in the smallest places.
I lost a fosterkitty once and it waas awful. I noticed that the screen was
torn, and had conjured up this horrible scenario that a neighborhood tom

cat
had gotten her. (I had just watched "A Cry in the Dark" and was suffering

from
dingo-got-my-baby overactive imagination I guess). I looked everywhere,

even
outside, and had gotten to the point I was really looking for a body, not

live kitty.
Marilyn was curled up asleep under a bookcase the whole time.

Sherry

Foster kittens! The Magnificant Madeleine once managed to crawl through a
tiny hole in the webbing underneath the sofa, and go to sleep inside it. I
didn't find her until she woke up and started to yowl because she'd
forgotten where she was. Ade and I had to turn the sofa over very carefully
to make sure she didn't get squished, then cut the webbing open even further
so that I could get my arm in and rescue her.

And last year, Fred was nowhere to be seen in the garage, although I could
hear her yelling at me. It was several minutes before I thought of looking
UP. There she was, ten feet in the air in the rafters, damn kitten, politely
asking me to get her down again because she was bored.

I never have this trouble with boy kittens, I must say.

Old November 3rd 03, 10:25 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Lots of purrs the kitten is found *soon*

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old November 3rd 03, 11:47 PM
lrulan

oh dear, we will purr and pray that little Jaylo gets found soon. Please let
us know.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old November 4th 03, 12:40 AM
Brenda

[...]

we're purring!
Brenda

Old November 4th 03, 04:58 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "Jette Goldie"
wrote:

Little "Jaylo" the kitten is nowhere to be seen. Her meowmie
called me a short while ago in a panic because she couldn't
find the kitten and was terrified that kitty had gotten into the
washing machine when she filled it earlier. I rushed down
and unpacked the machine - no kitty (thank Bast!) but
after an hour of searching neither of us can find the kitten.
She has to be *somewhere* in the house - but it's an old
house, with hundreds of hiding places for small kittens
that grown women couldn't search. I've managed to calm
my friend down and persuaded her to sit down calmly with
a cup of tea - maybe when there aren't two big humans
tromping about yelling "here kitty!" she'll come out of her
hiding place.

Purrs that she's found by the time you read this.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.