How long to leave cat

Old January 26th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default How long to leave cat

avalanche wrote:

My lady doesn't want my cat, Bert, to visit - 'he'll destroy my...' So
I leave him.

For how many days/nights is that fair/ok?

Studio apt. Plenty food//water.

Have you considered simply changing girlfriends? If you're
a cat person, she doesn't sound like a very good bet for a
long-term relationship! (And since you can be less fussy
about a short-term one, why would you bother with her at all?)

-Brad

Old January 26th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wafflycat wrote:

Change the lady, not the cat. The comment you credit her with shows a
materialistic tendency more than a caring one.

In my experience, you can have either cats or really nice,
undamaged furniture - it's almost impossible to have BOTH!

Old January 26th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

avalanche wrote:

My lady doesn't want my cat, Bert, to visit - 'he'll destroy my...' So
I leave him.

For how many days/nights is that fair/ok?

Studio apt. Plenty food//water.

Have you considered simply changing girlfriends? If you're a cat
person, she doesn't sound like a very good bet for a long-term
relationship! (And since you can be less fussy about a short-term one,
why would you bother with her at all?)

Pussy may be hard to come by...
Old January 27th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"avalanche" wrote in message
My lady doesn't want my cat, Bert, to visit - 'he'll destroy my...' So
I leave him.

For how many days/nights is that fair/ok?

Studio apt. Plenty food//water.

-Brad

It really depends on the cat. Some might be just fine, eat sleep and poop
for I'd say no more than four nights.

Others would likely spill the water, eat far more food than you would
imagine and overfill and then distribute the contents of the liter box.
That is in the first 8 hours. From there on out carpet, drapes upholstery
etc are fair game.

Really depends on how active and how secure the cat is.

Jo

Old January 27th 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In my experience, you can have either cats or really nice, undamaged
furniture - it's almost impossible to have BOTH!

Hi Evelyn,
I'd say that the cat trees in our house have some really shredded parts, but
we have to blame ourselves for the recliner mechanism that wore out and the
cushions that sag on the couch.
The cats probably consider the shredded cat trees improved rather than
damaged.
Annie

Old January 27th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

avalanche wrote:

My lady doesn't want my cat, Bert, to visit - 'he'll destroy my...' So
I leave him.

For how many days/nights is that fair/ok?

Studio apt. Plenty food//water.

Have you considered simply changing girlfriends? If you're a cat
person, she doesn't sound like a very good bet for a long-term
relationship! (And since you can be less fussy about a short-term
one, why would you bother with her at all?)

Pussy may be hard to come by...

Not THAT hard! (Not for any reasonably normal looking male
in the twenty-first century!)

Old January 27th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

avalanche wrote:
My lady doesn't want my cat, Bert, to visit - 'he'll destroy my...' So
I leave him.

For how many days/nights is that fair/ok?

Studio apt. Plenty food//water.

-Brad

To echo other posters, you might find a more harmonious relationship
with a different lady.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old January 28th 06, 05:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:12:32 +0000 (UTC), Bobblespin
wrote:

avalanche wrote in
:

My lady doesn't want my cat, Bert, to visit - 'he'll destroy my...' So
I leave him.

For how many days/nights is that fair/ok?

Studio apt. Plenty food//water.

-Brad

Your lady has given you a peak at what she will always be like. My way or
the highway.

You sure have that right!

I'd be telling HER to 'hit the highway'; I need some quality time with
my kitty!

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha