Cat Yowls in Early Morning

Old October 12th 04, 10:29 AM
Ruby Tuesday

Default Cat Yowls in Early Morning

To begin, I am a bit of an insomniac. I have often woken up at about 5:00
am, stayed up for about an hour, then gone back to sleep. But this happens
once every few nights.

Another important piece of information: my cat tends to want to destroy my
wicker night table whenever he is in my room, so I have come to shutting my
door on him at night.

The result: Mico starts yowling at about 4:30 am for me to get up. And he
just doesn't stop until I do. I'm not only concerned about myself, but also
about my neighbours as I live in an urban apartment building.

What can I do to stop this behavior? Options, please! This is *very*
annoying.

Thanks in advance,

- Ruby Tuesday

Old October 12th 04, 12:01 PM
Rob

let the cat in, remove anything in the room he can annoy you with. we share
an office with our bedroom and
have to put the office chairs in another room or the cats claw at them.

Old October 12th 04, 03:59 PM
Barb

Wicker and cats don't mix. Please don't say you cant afford another little
piece of furniture, hunt around and get yourself something. Toss the
wicker.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old October 13th 04, 10:15 AM
Ruby Tuesday

"Barb" wrote in message
rio.net...
Wicker and cats don't mix. Please don't say you cant afford another

little
piece of furniture, hunt around and get yourself something. Toss the
wicker.

Will do. Looked through the Ikea catalogue and saw a night table I liked -
will try to get it this weekend. Will give the wicker table to my landlady
for her annual yard sale.

Thanks,

- Ruby Tuesday

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old October 13th 04, 04:17 PM
Barb

Great! Would that all problems could be solved so easily.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old October 13th 04, 11:39 PM
Ruby Tuesday

"J1Boss" wrote in message
"Barb" wrote
Wicker and cats don't mix. Please don't say you cant afford another

little
piece of furniture, hunt around and get yourself something. Toss the
wicker.

Will do. Looked through the Ikea catalogue and saw a night table I

liked -
will try to get it this weekend. Will give the wicker table to my

landlady
for her annual yard sale.

Thanks,

- Ruby Tuesday

I thought this was an interesting post, because I have 2 wicker chairs

from
IKEA, that I've had for ~12-13 years. They are in great shape and the

cats DO
like them, but they sleep in them (on cushions of course) and have never
scratched them. Maybe it's that the legs aren't appealing, so the rest

gets
left alone too?

Hmmm....I have a wicker chair in my kitchen that the cat has done a minor
bit of damage to. The wicker TV table that I use as a night table though,
I don't know why the cat loved it to smithereens, maybe because he wanted my
attention.

Last night after I decided to toss the wicker TV table I let Mico scratch
away at it, and then he stopped. Then he went after one of the bamboo
hangings I have on my wall. Found out I wouldn't stop him, and that they
wouldn't tear, so he stopped, then went to sleep.

Cats...sheesh!

- Ruby Tuesday

Wicker BASKETS OTOH, have all gone away over the years - they seem to be
popular pee spots :-(.

Janet Boss
http://bestfriendsdogobedience.com/
http://photos.yahoo.com/bestfriendsobedience