Well, the squirrel survived...

Old December 19th 04, 03:46 PM
CatNipped

Default Well, the squirrel survived...

but my mini-blinds have bit the big one!!

http://www.possibleplaces.com/squirrel/

Sammy strikes again!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 19th 04, 04:04 PM
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
but my mini-blinds have bit the big one!!

http://www.possibleplaces.com/squirrel/

Sammy strikes again!

Hugs,

CatNipped

I know that experience! That's why I keep the mini-blinds raised close to a
foot from the bottom of the windows

Jill

Old December 19th 04, 04:08 PM
Victor Martinez

CatNipped wrote:
Sammy strikes again!

Well, at least she was behind the mini-blinds to begin with... Maya will
go *through* the blinds to get to the window...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 19th 04, 04:19 PM
CatNipped

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
but my mini-blinds have bit the big one!!

http://www.possibleplaces.com/squirrel/

Sammy strikes again!

Hugs,

CatNipped

I know that experience! That's why I keep the mini-blinds raised close to

foot from the bottom of the windows

Jill

Yep, all my blinds are kept raised about a foot from the bottom. But, look
at the first photo again. That's the top of the bottom half of the window
she's resting her paws on. The bottom half of the window is 26 INCHES HIGH
(66cm)!!! Sammy's head extends a good 8 inches (20.3cm) above that, and if
she extended her paws up over her head that would probably be another 6
inches (15.2cm). That's 40 inches (101.6cm), or 3 1/3 feet that she can
reach just by standing and stretching (did I mention lately just how big
this 8-month-old, 13 pound (~6 kilogram) kitten is???). Add to that a good
jump and she could easily make it to the top of the window, so I would have
to take the blinds completely down in order to save them from her
depredation! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 19th 04, 04:38 PM
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Okay, you got me. Yes, she's huge! Persia isn't the type to really clamber
after a squirrel; she just chatters at them with tail lashing. She has, on
several occasions, knocked over the corner plant stand by the window when
trying to get at that neighbors cat on the patio. My houseplant and ceramic
pots population has been greatly decreased, all without harm (thankfully) to
Persia. The blinds seem to have withstood most of the commotion, too.

Jill

Old December 19th 04, 04:43 PM
CatNipped

"jmcquown" wrote in message
t...

Okay, you got me. Yes, she's huge! Persia isn't the type to really

clamber
after a squirrel; she just chatters at them with tail lashing. She has,

on
several occasions, knocked over the corner plant stand by the window when
trying to get at that neighbors cat on the patio. My houseplant and

ceramic
pots population has been greatly decreased, all without harm (thankfully)

Persia. The blinds seem to have withstood most of the commotion, too.

Jill

From all I've read, Persia is a little sweetheart (although rightfully
enraged when an intruder enters her territory ;). Sammy, on the other
hand... can you say "Satan's Little Helper"?? ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 19th 04, 06:12 PM
Seanette Blaylock

"CatNipped" had some very interesting things
to say about Well, the squirrel survived...:

LOL. Sammy pulled something like this too. If you want to read about it,
go to http://www.possibleplaces.com/sammy.asp and click on "Sammy and the
Stairs" (I'm keeping a record of all Sammy's adventures for the next time I
go crazy and consider adopting another kitten!! ;).

It won't help. You'll see that cute little fuzzy face and those
adorable little eyes will just drain all your willpower. :-)

Old December 19th 04, 06:13 PM
Dick C

Victor Martinez wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
Sammy strikes again!

Well, at least she was behind the mini-blinds to begin with... Maya will
go *through* the blinds to get to the window...

If the mini blinds aren't open on the window by the pc, Libby will
very gently put her paw up and pull them down far enough to look out.

--
Dick #1349
~Benjamin Franklin

Home Page: dickcr.iwarp.com
email:
Old December 19th 04, 08:03 PM
Marina

CatNipped wrote:

but my mini-blinds have bit the big one!!

http://www.possibleplaces.com/squirrel/

Sammy strikes again!

LOL! And the big innocent eyes at the end! ROFL!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old December 19th 04, 10:46 PM
Tanada

CatNipped wrote:

Yep, all my blinds are kept raised about a foot from the bottom. But, look
at the first photo again. That's the top of the bottom half of the window
she's resting her paws on. The bottom half of the window is 26 INCHES HIGH
(66cm)!!! Sammy's head extends a good 8 inches (20.3cm) above that, and if
she extended her paws up over her head that would probably be another 6
inches (15.2cm). That's 40 inches (101.6cm), or 3 1/3 feet that she can
reach just by standing and stretching (did I mention lately just how big
this 8-month-old, 13 pound (~6 kilogram) kitten is???). Add to that a good
jump and she could easily make it to the top of the window, so I would have
to take the blinds completely down in order to save them from her
depredation! ;

Does Sammy like to help you in the kitchen, like QC (our Maine Coon)
does? He puts his paws on the counter, looks over the top at what
you're doing and the comments on the activity going on.

Pam S.