Singinficance of tail flicker in tomcat?

Old January 27th 06, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Singinficance of tail flicker in tomcat?

You make me feel guilty

I'll call the vet to schedule him for ballcutting. Maybe he'll
stay home at night after that.
Old January 27th 06, 06:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"223rem" wrote in message
You make me feel guilty

I'll call the vet to schedule him for ballcutting. Maybe he'll
stay home at night after that.

Thanks! I wanted to make you "feel guilty" only in the sense of motivating
you to do this. Many people simply are not aware of how enormous the cat
and dog overpopulation problem is -- and how many completely healthy animals
are euthanized as a result. Here is the article I was quoting from, in case
you would like to read it. It actually concentrates on the psychological
toll this takes on shelter workers who must carry out this terrible (but
necessary) task.
http://www.dailysentinel.com/news/co...NDSanimal.html

MaryL

Old January 27th 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 23:59:37 -0600, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER yodeled:

"223rem" wrote in message
Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
is there a reason why he's not neutered?

No. As a fellow male, I probably identify with him...poor guy. He's
only 14 months old. But I will have him fixed once he grows fully
(he needs his testosterone for that)

No, that's a myth. He should be neutered as soon as possible. As Karen
indicated, your neighbors could become annoyed (no, *angry*) if he starts
marking their home. Much more important, the likelihood is that he has
already contributed to the overpopulation of cats because he is old enough
to be a "father." Our local newspaper had an excellent article this week on
euthanasia. The article concentrated on the psychological toll that is
taken on shelter workers who must carry out this horrible (but necessary)
task. This shelter has a staff who work very hard to find homes for animals
that are under their care. Even so, statistics for 2005 show that they
euthanized *73 percent* of the animals that were left at the shelter. So,
please don't attribute your own feelings about this to your cat -- and opt
for immediate neutering, which is the responsible thing to do and does not
have the type of adverse psychological effect you seem to be considering.

MaryL

And even if you subscribe to the theory, 14 months old is well past
the point where they've reached their full growth, except if it's a
Maine Coon.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old January 27th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Thanks. The funny thing is that he is not spraying (if he is) anywhere
close to the house (thank god). He is spraying on a perimeter roughly 50 meters away
from the house (on a neighbor's porch, for example). Is that normal?

He's establishing a perimeter, I believe.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita