Scouty the Brave!

Old January 28th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Scouty the Brave!

Since we moved my computer desk into the craft room and put the
printer onto it, there isn't any room for Scouty to sit in front of me
while I type - she used to love to lie behind the keyboard and
supervise me... she's realised that the scanner can still be
layed(lain?) on but I can't really reach her there because she's too
far away... and she's also realised that the computer can be WALKED
ON! Sometimes she jumps up onto the computer box, then walks very
carefully across the monitor and the printer, and jumps off the end...
but the bravest thing of all happened today. She wanted my attention
and I was busy, so she stood next to me on the desk purring and
meowing and begging for me to pet her. I couldn't reach her very well
so I reached out and picked her up and stood her on my tummy. For a
moment she thought 'uhoh, what have I gotten myself into' but then she
realised that I wasn't moving except to pet her, and that she was
safe. She settled down purring her head off and even started kneading
on my leg! She gradually slid down my tummy onto my lap, and then onto
the floor, but she stayed with me for a good five minutes and that's
the first time that's ever happened. I really hope she'll do it again
soon!

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
Old January 28th 06, 11:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message
[...]

There is so much comfort about a cat purring on your lap, isn't there? I
love it when mine do it (which is rarely).

kili