Jake is officially a brat

Old December 11th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Default Jake is officially a brat

So I'm not feeling well this morning. After early morning duties I went
back to bed for several hours. I finally drag myself out to the family room
close to noon as there are things I have to get done today or else.

I have to skip the coffee as my stomach just isn't up to it. But I need
fluids so I sit down to read the paper with a nice cold glass of ice water
to sip. One of the pretty new glasses I bought that I love and Charlie
hates. I got rid of old plastic glasses I hate when I bought these. He is
sure these will lead to broken glass everywhere. I can't even find nice
plastic glasses to replace the ones I got rid of. We snarl at each other
about the new glasses vs the old glasses when we don't have anything better
to do.

So I'm reading the paper. Kayla is catching the tennis ball I'm tossing to
her. Molly is on the counter snacking. Charlie is in the recliner watching
TV and Jake is meatloafing on the arm of the recliner.

It seems to enter his furry little brain that he is thirsty and would really
like a few licks of nice fresh ice water. So rather than waste the energy
to stand up and lean over to steal a drink like any normal cat. He reaches
over with one paw, claws extended, and pulls the glass over to him.

Water everywhere. Ice everywhere. Charlie convinced the ice on the floor
is broken glass. Towels grabbed and mess cleaned up. And Jake is still
meatloafing on the arm of the recliner wondering what all the fuss is about.
He was most upset when we moved the recliner to get the last of the water
and ice.

(No the glass didn't break. I've been around this cat too long and managed
to grab it before it could roll off the table)

Jo

Old December 11th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jo Firey wrote:
So I'm not feeling well this morning. After early morning duties I went
back to bed for several hours. I finally drag myself out to the family room
close to noon as there are things I have to get done today or else.

I have to skip the coffee as my stomach just isn't up to it. But I need
fluids so I sit down to read the paper with a nice cold glass of ice water
to sip. One of the pretty new glasses I bought that I love and Charlie
hates. I got rid of old plastic glasses I hate when I bought these. He is
sure these will lead to broken glass everywhere. I can't even find nice
plastic glasses to replace the ones I got rid of. We snarl at each other
about the new glasses vs the old glasses when we don't have anything better
to do.

Oh wow. That is uncanny. The same thing happened here. I got rid of the
Tupperware glasses because I hated them, and bought some pretty tapered
glass glasses. DH hates them. He says he can't get his nose in them.
(???!!!!) We snarl at each other over the new glasses when we don't
have anything better to do, too. I keep intending to shop for tea
glasses that are more big-nose friendly, but I can't seem to remember
to actually do it.

Sherry

Old December 11th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

go to bed bath and beyond, we found something that suites us both there, 16
ounce, heavy clear glass, solid handle big enough for DH's fingers and my
whole hand... and wide enough that I can get my hand*and nose* in the top,
only down side is they are $2.50 each, but they are sturdy and open stock,
Lee
wrote in message
ups.com...

Old December 12th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 20:43:11 +0000, Jo Firey wrote:

[...]

I noticed some nice metal glasses in the Vermont Country Store catalog.
We had some like that in the "old days". MLB

Old December 12th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie and Sam

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs that you begin feeling better soon, Jo. I have to watch all glasses
around Barnabus. He sits on the arm of my couch which is beside the hearth.
I use the hearth as my coffee table and Barnabus will deliberately reach out
and hook a paw in my glass and tip it over so that he can see what is in
there. Perhaps we should start a Brat Cat Club, a little different from a
Bast*rd Cat Club.

Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam, Barnabus

Old December 12th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
[...]

We had colored aluminum glasses when I was a kid. Never see those anymore

Jo

Old December 12th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Julie and Sam" wrote in message
. ..

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
[...]

Yes there is a difference. Basr*d Cat Tricks are usually deliberate. Brat
tricks are just destructive whims of the moment.

I've had to give up tall flower vases. Molly my angel just has to rub up
against them. And try to chew on any green stuff that might be in with the
flowers.

Jo

Jake is a scaredy cat Mishi Cat anecdotes 11 November 4th 06 12:51 AM
Jake is trying to start a family fight. Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 5 June 9th 06 03:06 PM
The Silly Cat Survey Enfilade Cat anecdotes 50 July 17th 05 06:45 PM
Dagnamit Jake Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 3 October 21st 04 06:16 AM
Jake the cat (stray cat update) Cheryl Cat health & behaviour 9 September 27th 03 02:17 AM