Company for dinner

Old December 12th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Default Company for dinner

So being the typical bachelor I eat dinner (and every other meal) sitting
on the couch watching TV. The kitchen table? Why that would be Zak's
pedestal (especially when my brief case is there to give him a few extra
inches of height).

So where is said Zak while I eat dinner almost every night after a long
day at the salt mine? Lying next to dad on the couch of course. Well,
either there or the end table under the 250 Watt Edison.

Back about in May Zak crashed and was diagnosed as CRF (5 days on IV
fluid and dad only visiting a few minutes a day!).

Well he has done pretty darn well so far on his KD kibbles and his
"yummy" soup made from Fancy Feast with gravy and lots of warm water.

OH! But remember that dinner companion of mine? Guess who wants the
favor returned. I will admit he has done this at times in the past but
with all the extra attention he has gotten in the last few months he
seems to have decided he can push the envelope further.

On some nights he will not eat until I come in to the kitchen and keep
him company! 52 year old overweight man sitting on the floor next to
large black cat crunching on kibbles and sloshing down a large quantity
of flavored water. How silly do I look? Does it matter? It makes the
dopey thing happy and he always keeps me company.

Some day I will miss him bugging me for dinner company; I don't look
forward to that.

Andy
Old December 12th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"Outsider" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Aw, what a good cat dad you are. Purrs coming in hopes that you'll have Zak
with for a long, long time yet.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 13th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 21:04:37 +0000, Outsider wrote:

[...]

Sending lots of purrs for Zak's wellbeing. MLB

Old December 13th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 21:04:37 GMT, Outsider
wrote:

[...]

You are such a good slave. My Djoser is a social eater, too. He likes
me to pet him as he eats. Double the pleasure.

--
CATherine
Old December 13th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Outsider" wrote in message
. ..

On some nights he will not eat until I come in to the kitchen and keep
him company! 52 year old overweight man sitting on the floor next to
large black cat crunching on kibbles and sloshing down a large quantity
of flavored water. How silly do I look? Does it matter? It makes the
dopey thing happy and he always keeps me company.

Some day I will miss him bugging me for dinner company; I don't look
forward to that.

This brings back fond memories of my Dad sitting on their kitchen floor in
the evening hand feeding moistened tiny bites of kibble to their elderly
poodle. Didn't look a bit silly.

They give us everything they are. We give them what we can.

Jo

Old December 13th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Outsider wrote:
[...]

Silly? Not a bit. If that keeps him going, it's a small price to pay.
Purrs that he continues for many years yet.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old December 13th 06, 05:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Outsider wrote:

On some nights he will not eat until I come in to the kitchen and keep
him company! 52 year old overweight man sitting on the floor next to
large black cat crunching on kibbles and sloshing down a large quantity
of flavored water. How silly do I look? Does it matter? It makes the
dopey thing happy and he always keeps me company.

LOL! A sight to see!

Old December 13th 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Outsider wrote:

So being the typical bachelor I eat dinner (and every other meal) sitting
on the couch watching TV.

LOL, that sounds familiar. Actually, I have breakfast right here in
front of the computer. But dinner in front of the TV. I actually sit
on the floor, back against the couch, using the coffee table as a
dinner table. I've been doing that for years, even when I wasn't living
alone.

On some nights he will not eat until I come in to the kitchen and keep
him company!

He's become a social eater! Some cats are just like that. I guess some
cats are born that way, while others have it thrust upon them. Zak
has apparently become a cat who needs companionship while chomping on
his kibble. Smudge is like that. She is the first cat I've ever known
who does this, and when she was a kitten, I thought it was the weirdest
thing. I used to tell people that I had this strange cat who needed me
to watch her eat. Later when I volunteered at a shelter, I learned that
this is not an uncommon cat trait.

52 year old overweight man sitting on the floor next to
large black cat crunching on kibbles and sloshing down a large quantity
of flavored water. How silly do I look? Does it matter?

This sounds all too familiar. Change the gender of the human and
the color of the cat, and you have the scene at my place.

It makes the dopey thing happy

I find myself wondering which of you is the dopey thing being made
happy.

Joyce
Old December 13th 06, 12:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Randy

Outsider wrote:
[...]

LOL, such a good daddy. They do steal our hearts, don't they. Purrs for Zak.
Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/