OT, Brit, Aussie and Irish English Quizzes

Old August 30th 05, 07:41 PM
Kreisleriana

Default OT, Brit, Aussie and Irish English Quizzes

How well could you get along in English-speaking countries?
http://www.infoplease.com/quizzes/aussie/1.html

No American quiz, I see. :P

My scores:
Aussie Talk: 90% (!)
British-English 90%
Irish English 90%

Theresa
Old August 30th 05, 07:57 PM
Christine K.

My results:
Aussie talk: 90%
British: 100%
Irish: 70%...

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old August 30th 05, 08:23 PM
wafflycat

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
news

How well could you get along in English-speaking countries?
http://www.infoplease.com/quizzes/aussie/1.html

No American quiz, I see. :P

My scores:
Aussie Talk: 90% (!)

Struth! I got 100% cobber! Break out a tinnie & light the barbie!
Obviously I watch too much Neighbours... everybody needs good
naaaaaayburrs.....

British-English 90%

Toad-in-the-hole is *not* sausage baked in pastry - it's sausage baked in a
yorkshire pudding batter!!! And a British babysitter is a babysitter, *not*
a 'minder'. A 'minder' is more of a personal security guard! Who devised
that quiz??? Still got 100% though ;-)

Irish English 90%

90%, which considering the last time I was in Ireland was in the 1960s is
not bad ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Theresa

Old August 30th 05, 08:49 PM
Jo Firey

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
news

How well could you get along in English-speaking countries?
http://www.infoplease.com/quizzes/aussie/1.html

No American quiz, I see. :P

My scores:
Aussie Talk: 75% (!)
British-English 100%
Irish English 90%

That was fun

Jo

Old August 30th 05, 08:53 PM
Dan M

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:41:46 -0400, Kreisleriana wrote:

How well could you get along in English-speaking countries?
http://www.infoplease.com/quizzes/aussie/1.html

No American quiz, I see. :P

My scores:
Aussie Talk: 90% (!)
British-English 90%
Irish English 90%

Aussie - 80%
British English - 80%
Irish English - 70%

Old August 30th 05, 09:12 PM
Denise VanDyke

Kreisleriana wrote:
How well could you get along in English-speaking countries?
http://www.infoplease.com/quizzes/aussie/1.html

Aussie: 90%
British: 100%
Irish: 90%

Yet another set of quizzes to let me know that I read "too much"*.

- Denise Brennasmeowmy

* I have yet to be provided proof that there is such a thing as too much
reading, however. ;-)

Old August 30th 05, 09:34 PM
W. Leong

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
news

How well could you get along in English-speaking countries?
http://www.infoplease.com/quizzes/aussie/1.html

No American quiz, I see. :P

My scores:
Aussie Talk: 90% (!)
British-English 90%
Irish English 90%

Theresa

My scores:
Aussie Talk: 80%
British-English 60%
Irish English 60%

This is very interesting as I have never been to Australia, but was
taught for years by many Bristish teachers. Anyway, not bad if I may say so
for someone whose native tongue is not English.

Old August 30th 05, 10:14 PM
Tish Silberbauer

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
news

How well could you get along in English-speaking countries?
http://www.infoplease.com/quizzes/aussie/1.html

My scores:
Aussie Talk: 100
British-English 100
Irish English 70% - a couple of those gaelic (not garlic!) terms were
new to me.

Tish
Old August 30th 05, 10:21 PM
Yowie

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
news

How well could you get along in English-speaking countries?
http://www.infoplease.com/quizzes/aussie/1.html

No American quiz, I see. :P

My scores:
Aussie Talk: 90% (!)
British-English 90%
Irish English 90%

Aussie 100%
English 100%
Irish 80%

Although I must say that some of the language in the Aussie test has not
been used for at least 50 years, unless of course, we're playing on our
"aussie-ness".

No-one calls anyone a "cobber" any more, for example.

Yowie

Old August 30th 05, 10:53 PM
Alison

"wafflycat" waffles*$*A**T*v21net$*££*D*O*T*co*D£$£*O*T*uk wrote in
message ...

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
news

How well could you get along in English-speaking countries?
http://www.infoplease.com/quizzes/aussie/1.html

Struth! I got 100% cobber! Break out a tinnie & light the barbie!
Obviously I watch too much Neighbours... everybody needs good
naaaaaayburrs.....

Me too!
If you want to **** off an Aussie, (apart from England winning the
Ashes!) ask them what's happening in Neighbours BG
Alison