St. Bernard's Worth of Kittymass

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 24th 10, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.rescue,rec.pets.cats.community
harry

Default St. Bernard's Worth of Kittymass

Hello,

If you consider the average weight of (properly fed) kitties to be in
the range of 5 (3 to 6) lbs, and the weight range of a St. Bernard is
110/200 lbs, you can own about 40 kitties of a St. Bernard's worth.
Therefore if someone asks you how many kitties you own, you can say,
“I have a St. Bernard‘s worth”, so while Nosy Rosy is standing there
in a state of confusion, you can quickly change the subject, or just
walk away.

If you live in a housing complex that says you can own up to the size
of a dog thatis no more than 20 lbs; you can own about 4 (properly
fed) kitties.

In his natural form, the Snow Bengal is an exception, but then heis
also bran new to the cat world, so eventually they may raise the
average to 6 lbs.

The Snow Bengal sure is a different creature. He is stronger and
larger and definitely alpha. The female is powerfully affectionate,
feminine and loves humans beyond belief. The tom is aloof and wary.
When you reach (head-on) to pet his head, he flinches; if you aim for
his back (aiming in from the side) heis all over you with smoothing
your legs back and forth. He loves to be petted but not picked
up . . . a lot of the males are like that. I tried to pick him up to
put him on my lap, and (in jungle fear) gouged my leg with his back
foot as he jumped off my lap (another reason why I keep a supply of
Sulpha in the house at all times). When you try to work around the
female, she smoothes you so hard you cannot do anything; she too is
very strong. She has the sweet face of the Forrest Cat, as do many
female, jungle Tigers.

Speaking of the Forrest Cat: there goes the average weight
system . . . out the window. I have a recessive-gene Forest Cat kitten
about to make his début (his two siblings did not make it (mamma‘s
first litter)). . . as soon as i can get a picture of him, however he
just started eating with the pride, and hasnot yet learned to eat
without sitting in the commune bowl. Another kitten in another place
has just started eating and jumps on/over the little bowl; covering
all the food with its little body, and sits there straddled over the
bowl wondering where the food went.

The recessive-gene, Norwegian Forrest Cat, Botiallotto, was one of two
servivours out of two mother’s litters of about 12/14 that died from
the Botulism in Arm and Hammer’s corn, kitty litter. It was a horrible
experience in that instead of all dropping dead at about the same
time, one would get sick; I would treat it, it would seem to be
getting well then it suddenly pooped itself to death; then another
would show signs; I would treat it; it would seem to get well then,
again it would suddenly poop itself to death; then another and
another; one by one, one by one until all were dead but Botial, now a
huge, fat solid-black male and Botiallotto the mother of the baby
about to make his début. Botial and Botiallotto are crippled; Botial’s
crippling is severe, plus he has developed a bad habit of lounging in
his kitty litter box after doing a big juicy one, and spinning around
in it, requiring a full bath; while Botiallotto’s crippling just
gives her a cute wiggle-walk, however she is quite clumsy. Botiallotto
used to try to jump on my lap (or me in general), but on the way down
after a terrible miss, would rip my leg/arm to shreds. As she got
bigger and heavier I had to stop her affections toward me. She is
extremely forgiving and still loving toward me. Her baby son is one of
those that is born friendly, caring and fearless. I cannot figure what
to name him . . . heis so special.

Truly

Truth will set you free, according to Jesus in John 8:32
See my skinny kitties at http://fluffyfuzzies.com