Jellicle Ball: Calling of Names

Old October 10th 03, 10:42 PM
Mietze

Default Jellicle Ball: Calling of Names

As the last gleam of daylight fades, a small brown tabby steps
briskly to the podium. She is wearing a short cape embroidered with a
tiny Union Jack on the collar and fastened with a pin in the shape of
a winged beige cat. Securing her notes against a crisp but gentle
breeze, she gazes briefly at the perfectly round Jellicle moon as it
rises between two great stone monoliths, clears her throat, and begins
to speak.

Gud eefning, mine deer frends, an welcome to Stonehenge, Salisbury
Playn neer Amesbury, England, UK. An welcom to da 8ft annyuall
Jellicle Ball.

We ar gaffurrd here to pay tribyoot to an to onor da memreees ov
kitties (an gud frends ov kitties) hoo haff gone on ahed. Wee
reememfur dere tuch, dere voysis, dere brite eyes an luffly faysis;
wee reememfur dis wun's brayf inqwisitiffniss an luff ov cuddulls, an
dat wun's injoymint ov a qwiet eefning's walk crosst a feeld wiff her
hoomins. Eech wun yoonique an stunning in dere beeyooty an spirit,
eech wun held tite in owr harts fureffur. Da mirucull dat wee manidjd
to meeet an to luff eech offur is wun ov da wundurrs ov life.

It has beecom owr tradishun to furrst call wun naym wich repreesents
menny, to send owr deeep reespekts an affekshun to dose kitties wee
did not no by naym, dey hoo did not find dere TrooHomes in dis life.
Dey ar heeeld now frum all woonds, curd ov all illniss, an lernin frum
owr luffd wuns whut it is to bee caryd for an cherisshd as dey wayt
payshintly at da Bridge fur da hoomin hoo shud haff bin deres.

I call dere nayms, da Jellicle Honorees:

Unknown Kitties, House of Bast

Darby, House of Adams
Goldie, House of Babcock
Stella, House of Babcock
Sweet Pea, House of Babcock
Cosmic, House of Bast
Domonic, House of Batson
Dusty, House of Berkebile
Marvin, House of Berkebile
Naseema, House of Berkebile
Angus, House of Berry
Cuddles, House of Bixler
Lenny, House of Botari
Peter, House of Carter
Ayala, House of Clark
Pouncer, House of Condon
Bo Diddley, House of Cooper
Emmy Lou, House of Dowden
Ben, House of Gilliat
Bindi, House of Gilliat
Harriet, House of Gilliat
Sami, House of Gittel
Widget, House of Graffious
Fluffy, House of Heather
Poppacat, House of Koster
Beeko, House of Matlick
Bess, House of Mahoney
Bonnie, House of Mahoney
Bridget, House of Mahoney
Cassandra, House of Mahoney
Cinderella, House of Mahoney
DD, House of Mahoney
Frisky, House of Mahoney
Henry, House of Mahoney
Mr Gray, House of Mahoney
Rory, House of Mahoney
Tigger House of Mahoney
Tessie, House of Matlick
Thistle, House of McIntyre
Mao, House of Miller
Schmutz, House of Pommerehn
Boo, House of Rankin
CC, House of Rankin
Unnamed Kitten, House of Reay
Zachary, House of Ricketts
Cruiser, House of Ruskin
Rascal, House of Ruwe
Chicklett, House of Scaldini
Felix, House of Scaldini
Sly, House of Scaldini
Tiger Lily, House of Scaldini
Toto, House of Scaldini-Klimm
Spook, House of Scott
Spock, House of Seufert
Sunset, House of Seufert
Mr. Magoo, House of Shaw
Harlequin, House of Smith
Kryssie, House of Smith
Meowrice, House of Smith
Mewsette, House of Smith
Renee, House of Smith
Stacy, House of Smith
Ebony, House of Stapley
Shirley, House of Stapley
Teilo, House of Turner
Barb, House of Watson
Little Bit, House of Wikler-Cook
Penrod, House of Wikler-Cook
Edie, House of Wyatt

Old October 11th 03, 12:26 AM
Blurbubble

**sniffle** Orl doze naymes..... (

Clarence (and Meowmie)

---

Old October 11th 03, 05:05 AM
The RankinKatz

Did da Google'porter akchewally git us back to rpcc? We fink so. We
didn't wanna miss da Ball an' pay ourz respecktz to all ourz dear
friendz at Rainbow Bridge an' da fambiliez dat miss dem efur so much.
It'z been a long, long time since we been here.

Mietze, yew did a beyewtiful job wif da Calling of da Namez again dis
year. Too many names again, too. So many losses... sniffle

Tyler, Dylan, Bobbie, Samson, Jordan, Pippen, Buddy, Holly, Lucy,
Cassie, John, George, Ringo, Sybil, Peanut, BB, Tessie and Mickey

Jordan climbs high atop the stones with a big bunch of brightly
colored balloons, ready to pop them in honor of his very special
friend Spook at an appropriate moment

Old October 11th 03, 06:21 AM
Boggity Boggsworth

sssniff

Old October 11th 03, 12:13 PM
Fred Williams

Fangu, Mietze. Yu always do such a gudgud job at this.

--
Regards
Jetadiah and his hooman, Fred

Remove FFFf to reply, please
Old October 11th 03, 02:28 PM
Bobcat

Boggity Boggsworth wrote in message ...
sssniff

I said I would do it.... While he was NOT a CAT but a D*G please add
CRUSISER house of Ruskin (maybe at the very end of the list...)
Old October 11th 03, 10:43 PM
KS

The RankinKatz wrote:

Jordan climbs high atop the stones with a big bunch of brightly
colored balloons, ready to pop them in honor of his very special
friend Spook at an appropriate moment

Bootsie, Gizmo, and Whiskers sadly join him.

Old October 12th 03, 07:15 PM
Ray or Fran

Punkins & Puddi Cat listen furry respectfully as Mietze calls the names of
those whoz made the trip to the Bridge.

A tear trickles from theirz eyes as theyze rememfur theirz friends.

Until weze meet again, until weze meet again.

Punkins & Puddi Cat
(The list not snipped our of respect for those whoz gone before and theirz
families)

Old October 17th 03, 10:43 PM
Sherry Laing

Brown-tabby an white bob-tailed gurl luks around the edges uv the
standing stones, den whispurrs to the brown-tabby an white long-tailed
gurl beside her. Then bof kitties step forward. The bob-tailed gurl
cleers her throte and addresses the assembly.

I gess MirandaBanda, High Priestess uv Bast an da Jesse Memorial Critter
Complex (JMCC) is bizzy doing Bast priestess druid fings, so my winkwink,
Pandora Pussycat, and I wud like to give a tribute to a member uv da
JMCC who haz gone to da Bridge dis yeer. I'm prowd to be related by
winking to da JMCC clowder, an honnered to be able to gif dis tribute, cuz
Little Bit wuz furry speshul to Pandy an me.

Little Bit wuz a not-so-liddle dog an she lived at da JMCC wif alla
kitties an bunnies fishies an Momma Jo an Momma Beff. She an her frend
Terry Jo helped out at Pandy's an my bewinking, an when it wuz time for us
to leeve on our hunnymoon, Liddle Bit hooked herself up to a two-cat-sized
carriage an gaved us a ride throo da woods under da stars. We were able
to snuggle an smurgle an we knew dat Liddle Bit wuz taking care uf
effuryfing else. She taked care uv da whole JMCC, an wuz furry prowd to
do a gudgud job -- in fact, da day before she went to da Bridge, she made
a point uv making da rownds at da JMCC and making shur dat efurrycat an
efurrybunny an efurryfish an efurryMomma wuz OK. She took her job furry
furry seriously an nobuddy bothered fings when she wuz in charge.

Little Bit wuz also an auxiliary memfur uv da Siameze Cat Chorale, an she
singed along wif Momma Jo an Momma Beff when dey singed at home. I'm shur
she's joined da Rainbow Bridge Chorale by now an is adding her furry
speshul mewsic to da harmonees atta Bridge.

Little Bit wuz furry much loved by her Mommas an other hoomins -- efen da
maylman enjoyed giving her treets an saying hihi when he camed wif
packages to da howse. He wuz furry furry sad when he camed da last time
an realized dat she wuz not going to be dere to greet him enny more.
Mymom efen met her a yeer ago dis past summer, an she sez she wuz a reely
nice doggie an we know dat she left a bigbig Little-Bit-shaped hole in da
harts uv alla JMCC. --Talisker Pippin, wif Pandora Pussycat