Lovely cat book

Old May 5th 12, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Lovely cat book

"Adrian" wrote in message
MLB wrote:
I just read it, it brought me to tears twice. It's called Paw Tracks
at
Owl Cottage by Denis O'Connor.
978-1-84901-640-7

We are sending heartfelt purrs for continued improvement. MLB

I misremembered the title of his first book, it was "Paw Tracks in the
Moonlight"

--
Adrian

zmi yrct wt fgs n mim
says Boyfie who did that that himself.on my keyboard.

But he does have a girlfriend in USA called Mimi

Old May 5th 12, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote:

I just read it, it brought me to tears twice. It's called Paw
Tracks
at
Owl Cottage by Denis O'Connor.
978-1-84901-640-7

I read that last year. As you say, very moving. He's just written a
book
about his childhood, which will be published in October, simply
called,
"Paw Tracks"

Did you read his first book, "Paw Tracks in the Snow"?

No, I am recovering from this one.

Hmm. This makes me apprehensive about reading it. Does it have abuse,
cruelty, or death that could have been prevented in it? I can deal
with
illnesses that are unavoidable, or death from old age. I'm intrigued
by this book but I don't want anything in my head that will haunt me
for years.

No there is no cruelty only a wonderful story about someone who loves
their
cats more than anything and they have a great home.

So it made you cry because it was so sweet?

Read it yourself.

Tweed

Old May 5th 12, 12:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Adrian" wrote in message
MLB wrote:
I just read it, it brought me to tears twice. It's called
Paw Tracks at
Owl Cottage by Denis O'Connor.
978-1-84901-640-7

We are sending heartfelt purrs for continued improvement.
MLB

I misremembered the title of his first book, it was "Paw
Tracks in the
Moonlight"

--
Adrian

zmi yrct wt fgs n mim
says Boyfie who did that that himself.on my keyboard.

But he does have a girlfriend in USA called Mimi

We've been here before, haven't we? Let my try and parse
Boyfie's writing:

"So, meowmie, why are cat what friend girls named Mimi?" :-)

That's one very communicative cat you have!

--
MatSav

Old May 5th 12, 12:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
... I've just seen a tv cookery
programme which has upset me and I'll have that in my mind for
days.

Was it the veal, or the black pudding? Or the langoustine? Or was
it the fishing?

--
MatSav

Old May 5th 12, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
MLB wrote:
I just read it, it brought me to tears twice. It's called Paw
Tracks at
Owl Cottage by Denis O'Connor.
978-1-84901-640-7

We are sending heartfelt purrs for continued improvement. MLB

I misremembered the title of his first book, it was "Paw Tracks in the
Moonlight"

--
Adrian

zmi yrct wt fgs n mim
says Boyfie who did that that himself.on my keyboard.

But he does have a girlfriend in USA called Mimi

We've been here before, haven't we? Let my try and parse Boyfie's
writing:

"So, meowmie, why are cat what friend girls named Mimi?" :-)

That's one very communicative cat you have!

--
MatSav

He very rarely gets on my keyboard, this is only the second time and only
when I am reading this group!
Be afraid...

Tweed

Old May 5th 12, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article ,
MatSav wrote:
"Judith Latham" wrote in message
... I've just seen a tv cookery
programme which has upset me and I'll have that in my mind
for
days.

Was it the veal, or the black pudding? Or the langoustine? Or
was
it the fishing?

clever, you sussed out which programme...
... [it was] the fishing. I eat fish. I eat meat but not only
do
I not want to see it in it's death throws, I really don't want
to see it
treated cruelly in those last minutes such as how it was
handled by it's
gill and then the identity label attached through it's body and
it gasped
it's last breath.

Your judgement must have been a little clouded by the pictures.
An identity tag was fitted to the sea bass, *and then it was
released back into the sea*!

I was somewhat surprised at the handling method as well, because
I thought it would surely kill the fish - but apparently not!
The tag was fitted so that the fish could be traced, when it is
caught again.

I try to eat line-caught wild fish, rather than trawled or
farmed, if at all possible. Responsible fishermen will use
something called a priest to stun and kill a line-caught fish
that is destined for a plate, rather than allowing them to
suffocate.

I'm thinking of complaining to the BBC. Something I have never
done in my
life but maybe it's time I did. If it had been a mammal it
wouldn't have
been shown. Fish can feel pain too.

Try http://www.bbc.co.uk/pov to state your case.

--
MatSav

Old May 7th 12, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote:

[...]

Sorry, Joyce, my reply seemed abrupt when I re-read it. I didn't mean it
that way.
What I meant to say was that it is probably difficult for me explain what
made me cry, there is no abuse in it, and if you read it yourself you will
most likely see what I mean.
I was very touched by it.
Tweed

Old May 7th 12, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

No there is no cruelty only a wonderful story about someone who loves
their
cats more than anything and they have a great home.

So it made you cry because it was so sweet?

Sorry, Joyce, my reply seemed abrupt when I re-read it. I didn't mean it
that way.
What I meant to say was that it is probably difficult for me explain what
made me cry, there is no abuse in it, and if you read it yourself you will
most likely see what I mean.
I was very touched by it.

I figured that's what you meant, but thanks for explaining. It's in my
list of books to read.

--
Joyce

"Riveting reading that keeps readers reading."
-- The Midwest Book Review

My Lovely Tom Cat Babypink Cat health & behaviour 14 February 4th 08 12:20 AM
Lovely day wafflycat Cat anecdotes 17 December 22nd 06 08:24 PM
OT; a lovely day wafflycat Cat anecdotes 10 June 9th 06 08:43 AM
Thank you for that LOVELY pic! Rev. Charlene WT Mann (ULC) Cat anecdotes 2 November 21st 05 03:22 AM
Lovely Nap! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 1 January 16th 05 01:00 AM