Tour of the Mouser

Old April 17th 05, 11:03 PM
Mischief

Default Tour of the Mouser

This is also on Pine Cone's blogspot too,
http://mousertails.blogspot.com/

***************************

Ahoy Mateys!!

I'm Mischief, one of the many crewmembers on the Mouser. This will be
my second voyage along with my companion, Imp. (To be honest, Imp is a
spineless tom, but Mama Kristi wouldn't let me go on the Mouser without
him.)

"Actually I'm a lot better this year...Ow!!"

Hush up, Imp! Anyways, this is for all you new swabbies who have yet
to sail on the Mouser. Ye be wanting the grand tour and I'm the cat to
give it. So follow me, and stay close and keep your paws and tails to
yourselves, unless you want to lose them!

First we start off on the main top deck. Here is where we all pitch in
the bring in the sails, haul in the ropes, man the steering, etc. You
might be wondering how we do this without opposable thumbs, but
everything on board is specially designed for us cats. Over in that
corner are the bait buckets Periodically you might be asked to guard
them, yes GUARD ONLY!! Kitties caught tipping the bait buckets will
face punishment!

The front of the ship, (yes, SHIP, Captain and Stanley) is known as the
bow, and is a very nice lookout point. But don't even think about
walking out onto the boom unless ye want to go swimming. The back of
the ship near the wheel is the aft, where Cap'n Pine Cone will be.
Important to rememeber that whatever you are doing, do NOT get
distracted by his captainship, Cap'n Pine Cone. Yes, he is a wonder to
look at, but the Bos'n will box your ears if you are caught staring.

Now let's move to the next deck. There are several cat trees and
scratching posts scattered around the room for you to play with.
You'll also notice there are dangling strings here and there, some with
stuffed mice attached to them, as well as various cat dancers, sparkly
toys and suede tassles attached. On the other wall are several perches
of various heights. You are welcome to any of them, but if a bigger,
more senior cat wants your toy perch, ye would be a wise kitten to give
it up. Please note the sign the wall was a sign reading. "Absolutely
NO spraying!" Another sign read, "Excessive hissing, spitting or
fighting will result in the loss of a meal and litter box duty."

Also on this deck is the Cap'n personal quarters. They are quite a
sight to see, and I wonder if he still has that fish filled coffed
table. Hmmm...... Anyways, if you are summoned to see the Captain,
(no, not you, Captain... Captain PINE CONE) rememeber to be on your
BEST BEHAVIOR! I've seen many cats walk in there and come out slinking
close to the ground.

The next level is our living quarters. Every cat has been assigned a
hammock and cubby hole. Remember, you SLEEP in your hammock and store
your TOYS in your cubby, not the other way around. Also any toys left
unattended will quickly be claimed by another cat, so keep an eye on
them. If you have any disputes, see the Bos'n.

At the end of this level there are the litter boxes. As I mentioned
last year, there are three different boxes, each with different kinds
of litter. The first has the latest litter crystals, (Guaranteed to
lock in odors!) The second is Tidy Cats clay
litter, (Multiple strength for Multiple cats) Finally there is a box
full of dirt and grass, (For the outdoor cat that loves that "natural"
feeling)

Please pay attention to the sign on the wall listing the Litter Box
Room Rules:
1)Please refrain from kicking litter outside the box.
2)You are responsible for covering up your own business.
3)The boxes are changed twice a day. Once in the morning, and once at
night. Yowling upon completing your business will not clean the boxes
any faster.
4) Please refrain from wall or floor scratching.
5) Please do not meatloaf or lie in any of the boxes.
6) Do not bring any outside items like toys or any plunder into the
litter box.

Now, the third level is where we have our gooshy food. We have barrels
filled with different varieties of food, kitty treats, etc. Now, ONLY
AT MEALTIMES will we be able to partake in this food. There is
ABSOLUTELY NO MIDNIGHT SNACKING OR RAIDING. Any such behavior will be
met with severe discplinary action. If ye don't believe me, just ask
Sammy and Tabitha what happened to THEM last year.

That's pretty much the entire ship. The last thing will be to
introduce you all to the crew. Since i'm not sure who will be ghosting
over this year, I cannot be sure who to introduce first.

But the bottom line is, do what you're told, be on your best behavior
and you'll be fine cabin kitties.

Dismissed!

Mischief