Another funny pic

Old February 3rd 06, 07:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Another funny pic

http://i1.tinypic.com/n3b6gy.jpg
Old February 3rd 06, 10:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

223rem wrote:
http://i1.tinypic.com/n3b6gy.jpg

Considering the trouble that cartoon has caused recently, I don't think it's
appropriate to post.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old February 3rd 06, 11:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Adrian wrote:
223rem wrote:

http://i1.tinypic.com/n3b6gy.jpg

Considering the trouble that cartoon has caused recently, I don't think it's
appropriate to post.

All newspapers in the Western world ought to run these cartoons.
Just to show our dear friends that the pen is mightier than the
suicide vest.
Old February 3rd 06, 11:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"223rem" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
223rem wrote:

http://i1.tinypic.com/n3b6gy.jpg

Considering the trouble that cartoon has caused recently, I don't think
it's
appropriate to post.

All newspapers in the Western world ought to run these cartoons.
Just to show our dear friends that the pen is mightier than the
suicide vest.

History is written by the conqueror.

Old February 3rd 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I'd like to see Bush's face and his fundamentalist Christian cronies if
the papers started posting "amusing" cartoons about Jesus and the
Virgin Mary, I wonder how the "free press" would get away with that
then.

Old February 3rd 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I detest Bush and the Religous Right but I doubt that they'd incite
their
fellow fundamentalist christians to murder the cartoonist in
question. But I'm sure you actually knew that the moral equivalence
you're drawing here between Islamists and Christian Fundamentalists
is absurd. You're just grasping at straws trying to find excuses for
Muslim atrocities..

But do you really think that appeasing the Islamists
will make them hate you less?

Old February 3rd 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"223rem" wrote in message
http://i1.tinypic.com/n3b6gy.jpg

That's what all the fuss is about? There have been "jokes" about the lack
of suitable rewards for martyr's as long as there have been martyrs.

Not to say it isn't likely offensive and in extremely poor taste, but for
crying out loud, it isn't even faintly original.

Jo

Old February 3rd 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"223rem" wrote in message
http://i1.tinypic.com/n3b6gy.jpg

That's what all the fuss is about? There have been "jokes" about the lack
of suitable rewards for martyr's as long as there have been martyrs.

Not to say it isn't likely offensive and in extremely poor taste, but for
crying out loud, it isn't even faintly original.

Jo

Freedom of Speech in the USA is a great thing that comes with great
consequences

Old February 3rd 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I don't find Christian Fundamentalists any less dangerous than Muslim
fundamentalists for that matter,

Really? We better start guarding our subways and airports against
Christian suicide bombers then!. And brace for beheadings in
the Bible belt.

PS: Moral equivalence doesnt imply high morals.